CASSIE'S COUNSELING

First Person

Episode: Battlefield
Chapter 33

Episode: BattlefieldChapter 33

I walk into Ms. Morrell's office scared of what's she's gonna ask.

I sit down and she smiles at me.

"How are you Cassie?" She asks me.

"I'm fine." I say.

"Just fine?" She asks.

"I don't know what to say." I tell her honestly.

"Well how about we start with your father." She says.

I nod.

"How do you feel about what happened?" She asks me.

"Sad. Devastated actually. He was the only real family I had left. It was always me and him. I mean he left a lot for work but he always came back. He always told me he would come back." I say.

"How did you feel after it happened?" She asks me.

"Lost. Like I had no one. I know I did. Everyone was there for me. Even Jackson. It just wasn't the same. It never would be the same." I tell her tears welling up in my eyes.

"Have you told anyone this?" She asks me.

I shake my head. "I've never said this to anyone."

"Why?" She questions me.

I shrug. "I don't know. I guess I was afraid."

"Afraid of what?" She asks.

I shrug. I don't even know what I was afraid of.

"How about we talk about Matt and what happened at the police station." She tells me.

I nod.

"What were you feeling that night? What was going through your mind when you saw him?" She asks.

"I was scared. When we found out that it was him that was behind all the murders I was happy that it was gonna be over. Then when he walked in the police station and he held a gun up to Stiles I was terrified. I didn't want to lose him. I couldn't watch that happen." I say my voice cracking at the end.

"What did you think when he shot Scott?" She asks.

My head shots up at that.

How'd did she know? He healed. I didn't think anyone would know.

A lot must have happened when I was out.

"I was scared I was gonna lose my best friend. I had no way to help him. His mom couldn't help him. She had to watch him get shot. She couldn't help him and everything she tried she was told to move or Scott would die." I say recalling the event of that terrible night.