twenty two.

"Are you inviting Ollie?"

I looked away from the sleeping black cat on my chest and to my best friend sitting in the armchair looking at me curiously and I shrugged, my eyes darting back to Pineapple who chirped in protest at my movements.

"Sorry baby." I hummed at her, "I mean, I'm inviting Liam so I guess he'll come. We said a plus one for everyone right?"

"Yeah but like..." Lindsee trailed off looking at me pointedly and I laughed.

"We were friends at one point and for like two years or something so I mean I can't give Liam an invite and a plus one and then say don't bring Ollie. It would just make everything weird."

"Yeah well now we're friends." Lindsee huffed making me laugh again and I gave her a look.

"Best friends." I said making her nod confidently and I hummed amusement as I picked my phone back up and looked at the list. "Alright so who are you asking from work?"

"Only Rebecca, Charlie and Ruth. What about you?"

"Kate and Beth and Josh."

"Is that a good idea?" Lindsee asked just as she stood up and cracked her back making me crinkle my nose.

"Is what a good idea?"

"Inviting Josh."

"Why wouldn't it be? You haven't even met him yet, you can't dislike him." I pouted.

"What? No, I don't care. Although...J names." Lindsee pulled a face making me laugh as she passed me on the sofa and headed to the fridge. "I just mean, Harry's coming right?"

"Probably, I haven't asked yet."

I somehow doubted he'd say no to be honest, even though we hadn't seen each other since Sunday. Although that wasn't a record anymore, I'd also been kind of preoccupied for these past three days anyway with my new baby.

"Do you remember when we talked about Harry and what it was like to have a boyfriend and such..." Lindsee trailed off and I raised an eyebrow as I turned to look at her over the back of the sofa.

"I do."

Lindsee opened her mouth to reply only for the two of us to look sideways as the doorbell rang before we looked back at each other and I shrugged.

"Not for me."

Lindsee hummed as she abandoned her mission at the fridge but judging by the bottle of soy sauce on the counter she was going for the leftover sushi from our dinner earlier.

I went back to scrolling through the sale on the River Island website when I heard a very familiar accent and I glanced over my shoulder as the footsteps got louder and I smiled as Niall stepped into the room.

"Hey Ni, what are you doing here?" I asked as he pressed a kiss to my cheek before he spotted the cat.

"You got a cat?!" Niall exclaimed making Pineapple's ears twitch and I stroked her head with my finger gently.

"Sure did, Pineapple meet Uncle Niall." I picked up Pineapple, a squeaky meow leaving her as I held her up to see Niall and I laughed as Niall cooed at her before he stroked her and I put her back on my lap.

Which is where she'd started after we'd finished dinner and then somehow she decided she didn't want to sit on my lap anymore and instead made her way up to sit on my boobs and she stretched out so her head was buried just under my chin and her claws flexed into my neck every so often.

I knew she wasn't going to stay there for very long but I could only try.

"Just wanted to hang out Lins and you I guess." Niall shrugged as he flopped into the armchair and I snorted at his statement.