thirty five.

"You look nice."

I watched Lindsee from my lazy position in bed, all snuggled up under the quilt with Pineapple. My best friend pausing on her route back from the bathroom to stand in the doorway and smile at me.

"Thanks."

"Where are you going?" I asked curiously, I didn't think either of us had plans tonight. Or at least I didn't purely because the only person I usually had plans with was standing in front of me in a very pretty dress and Harry was having a "boys night".

Whatever the fuck that was.

"Oh, just out for dinner." Lindsee hummed and I raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, a date?"

"Yes P, a date." Lindsee clicked her tongue making me sit up in bed excitedly, Pineapple protesting with some squeaks.

"You look so pretty! He doesn't deserve you."

Lindsee rolled her eyes at me before she wandered into my room and looked at herself in the mirror and I watched silently. She really was so pretty, even when she wasn't all dressed up and fancy looking.

"Say hi to Niall for me." I half teased as Lindsee pressed her lips to my cheek before she pursed her lips.

"I'm not seeing Niall."

"Not Niall?" I frowned, confusion filling my body as Lindsee shook her head.

"No, it's a guy from work."

"But what about Niall?"

Lindsee shrugged at me making me sit up properly so she had all my attention, whatever film I was watching on Netflix long forgotten as I stared at her.

"I don't know P, he won't, I don't know it sounds stupid!" Lindsee huffed making me frown, "You know I'm not a clingy person or anything but I thought, I guess I just thought that we were like only seeing each other. I was being stupid."

"Wait he's seeing other people?" I asked.

"Well, he didn't say that and like there were no names or anything but he got annoyed because I wanted to know what we were doing or whatever." Lindsee rolled her eyes, "I only wanted to know so I didn't look like a fucking moron!"

"Lins..." I trailed off, unsure of what to say. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine," Lindsee shrugged, a smile back on her face but I could see she didn't mean it. "I have to go otherwise I'll be late for dinner."

"I love you." I stated immediately, pulling my best friend into a tight hug.

"I love you too." Lindsee kissed my cheek again before she pulled away and I was left alone in the flat after the sound of the front door closing echoed.

I licked my lip as I shut the lid of my laptop and looked at Pineapple who was still curled up on my bed and I felt my annoyance bubble once more.

"I'll be back later, love bug." I kissed Pineapple's head gently making her squeak softly and I pulled on a pair of my low tops before I grabbed my phone and keys before I made sure I had my oyster card and left the flat.

I quickened my pace as I left the tube station and headed towards Niall's flat, the November evening air nipping at my skin through the leggings I was wearing as I buried my chin into the neckline of my hoodie.

I relished in the warmth of the lobby as I called the lift and stepped in the moment it dinged open and stabbed the button for Niall's floor.

It didn't take long for me to reach the fifth floor and I knocked on his front door, rather harshly but I couldn't help it I was very annoyed at him.