twenty four.

"Are you sure this is how you do it?"

"Yeah, I googled it, just keep a hold on him."

I left the kitchen momentarily and grabbed Pineapple off my bed, a sleepy meow leaving her mouth as I cuddled her against my chest. I wasn't lying when I said I googled it, I was nervous and had no idea how to actually make this happen.

Harry looked up at me just as I stepped back into the kitchen and I smiled slightly before I bent down and put Pineapple on the floor, glancing at Gatsby to find him watching us.

"Just keep a hold of him and Pineapple can do what she wants." I said making Harry raise an eyebrow at me.

"Are yeh' biased towards it?"

"Obviously," I looked at Harry pointedly, "She's my baby and call her by her name, not it!"

Harry hummed in amusement as I rolled my eyes at him as I watched Pineapple like a hawk as she wandered casually towards the big dog and I took a seat on the floor.

I didn't know if it was better if I stayed standing or not, I just remembered that the article said the cat needed an easy escape and she had that. In fact, she had multiple escape options if she needed it, but I didn't think she would.

Gatsby was a good boy.

I watched as Gatsby lent forward, his nose almost poking Pineapple and making her jump, an amused snort coming from Harry and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Sorry."

I hummed in response but kept my eyes on to the two animals, Pineapple sniffing Gatsby and the dog returning the favourite before I felt my eyes widen as Pineapple pushed her tiny head against his leg.

"Told yeh' they'd be friends." Harry muttered making me glance him, a half-smile on his face and I felt my cheeks heat.

"You can let him off his lead." I said quietly, although I could hear the faint music coming from Lindsee's room and I knew time was ticking.

I was happy that Harry had come over early, I mean I knew he probably would anyway even if we weren't making our pets be friends but this way everything wasn't stressful.

I chewed my lip as Pineapple wandered back over to me and I cooed at her, stroking her soft head before Gatsby stood and plodded over towards us and I watched warily as he sniffed Pineapple a few times before giving my arm a nudge.

I laughed as I gave him a quick stroke before he gave Pineapple one last sniff and wandered off towards the sofa and I pursed my lips as I glanced up at Harry.

"That was more anti-climactic than I expected."

I laughed at Harry's statement, nodding in agreement before I pulled myself up and patted Pineapple's head once more before I glanced at the clock on the wall.

I needed to get ready.

I pulled out the bottle of cranberry juice before filling a cup and glancing at Harry who was tapping away on his phone.

"I'm going to get changed, you can amuse yourself."

I waved my hand at Harry who looked up and raised an eyebrow at me and nodded. I'd barely made it to the doorway before a hand on my hip tugged me backwards and my eyes widened as Harry pressed our lips together.

I hummed as he pulled away soon after, the short kiss nothing special but it had still made my skin heat and Harry smirked at me.

I pushed at his chest before I left the kitchen and knocked on Lindsee's door before I stepped in to find my best friend in her underwear sitting cross-legged on her bed looking at her laptop.