𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏

Taehyung is surprised he hasn't eye rolled himself into another dimension yet.

College is over and he's walking towards the exit.

He has been staring at the text for minutes but the sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach didn't subside.

His mother is coming home, tonight.
He doesn't know if he can take her verbal abuse, he is really isn't in the mood.

A groan left his lips just thinking about all the insults she would throw at him and Namjoon isn't in town this time to protect him, he's with Seokjin visiting
Jin's parents and Yeonjun's school has a trip.

His father's death really impacted his mother and changed her for the worst, the same mouth that sang lullabies to Taehyung when he was younger, now spits insults and slurs at him.

He didn't know whether he respected his mother or not but he still loved her.
Respect is earned not demanded, he lost respect for his mother the day, she called him a homophobic slur that haunted his mind for years after that night.

His mother felt like she was obliged to hate everything and anything because she lost her husband but Taehyung had lost his father too and he for one didn't act like a pathetic, disrespectful person.

❝Where's your smile, petal? ❞
Jungkook asked, not liking the anxious look on Taehyung's face.

Taehyung jumped startled, he hadn't noticed Jungkook's presence until he spoke up.

❝ I don't wanna go home, kookie. ❞
Taehyung mumbled, tugging on jungkook leather jacket.

❝oh yeah? You can stay with me, tonight. ❞
Jungkook suggested, not bothering to question Taehyung's reason for not wanting to go home, knowing it wasn't the right time.

❝ I don't wanna bother you- ❞

❝ I don't mind, I like your company.❞

❝ You do? ❞
Taehyung asked, lowering his head to hide his blush.

❝ Did I stutter? ❞
Jungkook mocked, playfully.

❝Can we go have some food first? ❞
Taehyung suggested, craving food.

❝ Whatever you want, pup. ❞
Jungkook mumbled, starting his motorcycle.

Another one, Taehyung thought as he heard the new nickname given to him.

❝Do you give everybody you talk to Nicknames?❞
Taehyung mumbled, feeling an unexplainable emotion overriding his being.

He's not gonna lie, he's hoping to be Jungkook's only baby.

❝yeah, I call everybody baby and petal, you're not special. ❞
Jungkook stated, feigning a nonchalant expression.

❝ Oh Okay. ❞
Taehyung whispered but he can swear he heard his heart crack.

Jungkook eyes widened when he saw Taehyung happy expression morphing into a broken one, upon further consideration, maybe the joke wasn't as humorous as it was in his head.

❝ I was just joking baby, I don't call anyone else nicknames, only you.❞
Jungkook spoke, voice rushed and panicked.

❝ Only me? ❞
Taehyung questioned, feeling unsure but slightly relieved.

❝ Only you. ❞
Jungkook deadpanned, staring into Taehyung eyes, feeling relieved when a bright smile broke out on his baby's face.

❝Now, hop on! ❞
Jungkook ushered, revving his engine back to life.