Dream a Little Dream (KetchxReader)

Todd Anderson: [stands up on his desk] O Captain! My Captain!

You sniffled and felt the tears starting to form in your eyes. Even though you know what happens next, it's only a matter of time before the waterworks will start in earnest.

Mr. Nolan: Sit down, Mr. Anderson! Do you hear me? Sit down! Sit down! This is your final warning, Anderson. How dare you? Do you hear me?

Knox Overstreet: [climbs up onto his desk] O Captain! My Captain!

Mr. Nolan: Mr. Overstreet, I warn you! Sit down!

[Pitts climbs onto his desk, followed by Meeks, then over half the class, one by one]

At this point, tears are streaming down your cheeks. You wipe them away with the heel of your hand.

Mr. Nolan: Sit down! Sit down. All of you. I want you seated. Sit down. Leave, Mr. Keating. All of you, down. I want you seated. Do you hear me? Sit down!

Mr. Keating: Thank you, boys. Thank you.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

You reached for your box of tissues to wipe away the rest of your tears and blew your nose as the end credits rolled. Dead Poets Society was your favorite movie, the one you always watched with Ruthie, your best friend since high school. It was the one that always had you both in tears at the end.

Before you became a hunter, you wanted to be a teacher, to find that one-in-a-million kid that you knew would do great things. A run-in with a monster changed all of that for you, basically crushing that dream.

While you were in college, a skinwalker decided to impersonate one of your professors. Students got called into this professor's office to discuss the latest class assignment and were never seen again. Your roommate had met with him one Tuesday afternoon and she was killed. This was the incident that caught the Winchesters' attention.

You met Sam and Dean when they questioned you about your roommate's death. It was a few days before your own scheduled meeting with the professor. You agreed to act as bait so that no more lives would be lost. You went to your meeting as planned. Just before the skinwalker transformed to attack you, Sam and Dean barged in and killed it.

From then on, they took you under their wing and trained you to be a hunter. You already had excellent researching skills, being fresh out of school. As a retired hunter, your father saw to your weapons education from when you were 10 years old.

Dean trained you in self-defense, while Sam was responsible for your strength and conditioning. In return, you were chief cook and bottle-washer, with laundry, nursing and research duties on the side. The boys always raved about your home-cooking, and you taught yourself basic doctoring skills for the more serious injuries.

Every year, no matter what you and Ruthie were doing, you watched the movie together and texted back and forth as it played. You both always had popcorn and a box of tissues nearby. Sometimes, Sam and Dean would wander through the living room area and stop to watch a bit of the movie. After a while, they left, shaking their heads at you. As the credits rolled, you called Ruthie and talked for a bit. Before you hung up, you promised each other to get together soon, said your "I love you's" and went back to your separate lives.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sam and Dean came down the spiral staircase, grocery bags in hand. You gathered up your tissues and headed towards the kitchen to help put away the supplies. They noticed your eyes were all red and puffy, and exchanged glances between them.