In the City - Supernatural meets Law & Order (Part 2)

Supernatural meets Law and Order, Part Two

You climbed back into Briscoe and Logan's cruiser and headed to the crime scene. This time, it wasn't the park, but a neighbor's backyard that had the familiar yellow tape around it. The three of you walked up to Scott Rivers, the on-scene tech to get the facts of the case as he knew them.

"What's the story here?" Briscoe asked.

"Same as before, claw marks, heart torn out and looks like the body was dragged here from actual kill site," Rivers answered as he looked you up and down. "And who might you be?" he asked appreciatively.

"Mackenzie Reed, I'm a consultant hired to work on this case," you murmured as you walked around the scene. This was looking less and less like a werewolf attack to you, and more like something else, especially given the time of day. "Dammit. This is not good. Not good at all," you muttered.

You walked over to where Briscoe and Logan were standing with the tech, Rivers. "I think I've seen all I need to see, fellas. The rest can wait until we get the M.E.'s report," you declared. You got into the cruiser's back seat and Logan drove back to the station. Lennie bid you and Logan a good night and said he'd see you both in the morning.

"So, where are you staying?" Logan asked as you switched to the front seat.

"I was going to find some motel and hole up there till Sam and Dean got into town," you answered.

"Nah, don't do that. You can stay at my place," Logan offered.

"I don't know if that's such a good idea, Mike. I have a boyfriend, you know. I really don't think he'd be too keen on me spending the night in my ex-boyfriend's apartment," you explained.

"He knows we're still friends, right?" Logan asked.

"Yes," you responded.

"He trusts you, right?" Logan persisted.

"Me? Yes. You? Big fat negatory, Ghost Rider," you replied.

Logan chuckled. "Come on. I promise nothing will happen. We'll order some Chinese food from that place you love, we'll swap war stories, then we'll go to sleep. In separate beds," he added.

"Fine. You in your room, me on the couch," you declared.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

An hour later, you and Logan had arrived at his apartment. You dug out your pajamas and your toiletries, then asked if you could borrow a towel for a shower. He agreed, and asked what you wanted for dinner. After you gave him your order, you stepped into the shower to wash off the grime from traveling and the crime scene.

While you were changing, Logan called out to tell you that he was going down to the corner store. He wanted to get some beverages and snacks for later, so you told him what you wanted. Even though deep down, you suspected he already knew, given that you had dated for three years.

You stepped out of the bathroom, fully refreshed and dirty clothes packed back into your luggage. Your phone rang and the Caller ID said it was Dean. "Hey, baby, I was just thinking about you. Where are you?" you wondered.

"Pennsylvania. We'll be there tomorrow afternoon, like I thought. Did you find a nearby motel you could stay at?" he asked. "Kenzie?"

You pinched the bridge of your nose. "No, Logan offered to let me stay in his apartment. I'm sleeping on the couch, though," you added quickly. You squeezed your eyes shut and braced yourself for the firestorm.

"Kenzie, if he tries anything...." Dean started.

"He won't. Because he knows he's in deep trouble if he does. He knows I'm capable of kicking his ass and won't hesitate to do so if it comes to that. Which it won't," you mentioned. "I promise you, Dean. Logan and I are just friends. When you and Sam get here, we'll go to a motel. One room for Sam, and one room to have all to ourselves," you said in a sultry voice.