Test Results, Part 1 (DeanxReader)

You stared at the object in your hand, not quite believing what it was saying. You squeezed your eyes shut and waited about ten seconds. Then you opened them to check the results again, willing it to say something else. Positive. You were pregnant. What am I going to do? you asked yourself.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

You have been hunting with the Winchesters for about the last eleven years. Your parents were also hunters, but they were retired from the life. They were on their way to visit you, when suddenly demons took control of the car. It skidded off the road on a patch of ice, tumbled down a steep hillside and exploded, instantly killing your parents. For some time afterwards, you remained active as a hunter. You didn't want any other family to go through what you did.

The night you met Sam and Dean, you were tracking a werewolf into the forest. You had it lined up to deliver the fatal shots with the silver bullets in your .380. Suddenly, it turned around and saw you, then lumbered towards your position. You took aim for the kill shot, but your weapon jammed. Fortunately, Sam and Dean were tracking the same creature and found its location. They were able to kill it just as it was about to slice into you with its claws.

After that, you moved into the bunker with the boys, helping with the research, patching up the injuries when needed. Sam became your best friend, someone to laugh with, who shared your love of reading, and liked the same nerdy stuff you did. Dean, well....Dean became something more.

You and Dean had been dating for about a year before the run-in with the Leviathans, and him being sent to and returning from Purgatory. You were there for him during his time as a Knight of Hell, then him coming back to fight the Darkness. Through it all, you stood by each other and you became stronger together.

On your 30th birthday, the two of you went on a late-night drive in the Impala. Dean had secretly packed a cooler with drinks and some snacks. Then he drove out to an open field by the side of a secluded road. You both shared stories from your past, and talked about your hopes and dreams for the future.

As you both lay on the hood of the Impala, he had his arm wrapped around you and yours was draped across his middle. Dean was sharing with you what he knew about the constellations, but you only had eyes for him. At some point, he turned and caught you staring at him, and you declared your love for him for the first time. He told you that he loved you too, and you shared a passionate night together. From that night on, you shared with him his room, his bed and your heart.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The sound of footsteps coming closer to the door sent you scrambling to hide the test stick. You shoved it in the front pocket of your hoodie, just as Dean was walking in the door. "There you are, sweetheart," he grinned as he drew you into his arms. "Everything okay?" he asked, brushing the hair from your forehead and kissing it.

"Sure, everything's fine," you responded.

"Sam just found us a case, so we'd better start packing," Dean stated.

You reached under your side of the bed for your duffel bag and started grabbing clothes to put in it. Socks, undergarments, flannels, T-shirts and of course, your Fed threads went into your bag. When Dean wasn't looking, you slipped the pregnancy test stick into your bag along with your toiletries.

Thirty or so minutes later, and the three of you were rolling down the highway on the trail of another monster. "So, what do we know?" you asked Sam.

"According to local authorities, it's regular people committing all sorts of crimes. Only these people swear they are innocent. Reason being, they have witnesses putting them nowhere near the crime scene at the time," Sam explained.