Test Results, Part 2 (SamxReader)

You sat on the edge of your bed in the bunker, trying to make sense of what had just happened. A tear slipped down your cheek and landed on the back of your hand. Today was the day you found out that your boyfriend of three years, Anthony, had been cheating on you.

After you left work early and ran some errands, you went over to his apartment to decorate it for his birthday. You were greeted by the sight of clothes strewn all over the floor, including a black bra and panties. The clothing trail led to the bedroom, and judging by the sounds coming from the other side, Anthony was not alone.

You barged in the door, grabbed a bag and stuffed into it the few possessions you may have left there when you stayed with him. The worst part was, Anthony didn't even seem to be sorry for what he was doing, nor was he at all upset that he got caught. Anthony told you it was over, and that he had traded up from you to the woman currently in his bed. Once you got all of your stuff, you went home to your room in the bunker.

Sam walked down the hall past your room on the way to the library, and noticed that your light was on. He gently knocked on your door, so you quickly wiped away any tears and tried to compose yourself. "Come in," you said, clearing your throat.

"Hey, I was on my way to the library and saw your light was on. Aren't you supposed to be over at Anthony's, celebrating his birthday?" Sam asked as he entered your room.

"Hmm? Oh, um, we're going to wait until this weekend to celebrate. That way it's not on a night where he has to work the next day," you lied.

Sam cast a skeptical glance at you and moved to sit next to you on the bed. "Seriously? Come on, what's really going on? You know you can talk to me, right? Me Sam, best friend?" he said as he lightly nudged your shoulder.

You chuckled. "I left work early today, ran some errands, then went over to Anthony's apartment. You know, to decorate for his birthday? Well, as it turns out....he wasn't alone," you explained, the tears threatening to start anew.

"WHAT?!? Oh, that's it, I'm going over there," Sam jumped up, headed for your door.

"No, Sam! Wait!" you called and grabbed his hand to pull him back. "Please. I appreciate the sentiment, but just leave him be. It's not worth you getting into a fistfight with him over. We're over, done. I never want to see him again. Especially not after what he said," you added softly, tears now streaming.

Sam tilted your face up to meet his warm hazel eyes. "What? What did he say?" Sam asked.

You shook your head, too embarrassed to tell Sam. In your mind, if you said it out loud, then it was true, and you couldn't bear it if Anthony was right.

Sam took your hands in his and gently caressed the back with his thumb. "Please? Whatever it is, I'll guarantee you it's not true," Sam affirmed.

You paused to collect your thoughts before answering. "He said that he had traded up from me to that other woman. Meaning he found someone better than me," you said as you dissolved into a crying mess.

Sam looked away and swore under his breath. He silently promised that if he ever saw Anthony again, he was going to make him regret ever hurting you. "Listen. That's not possible, because there is no one better than you. There's someone out there for you, believe me. Someone who loves you for who you are, which is pretty great person. Then you'll be saying, 'Anthony who?'" Sam finished.

You giggled a bit through your tears and leaned your head on Sam's shoulder. "Thank you, Sam. I appreciate you for saying all of this," you smiled.

"You're welcome, anytime. I'm only stating the facts, you know. Now let's go get some ice cream for dinner and watch a movie," Sam suggested, to which you agreed.