The Other Guys (DeanxReader)

You spent the weekend at Jody's catching up with Donna, Charlie, Jody and Eileen on a "Girls Only Weekend" in Sioux Falls. Facials and manicures were done, and the girls helped you put some golden highlights in your light chestnut hair. "I'm telling ya, girlie, if this doesn't turn Dean's head, nothing will," Donna remarked.

"Oh come on, Donna, let's get real, shall we? I'd have to change a hell of a lot more than my hair for Dean to notice me," you stated. "Besides, he's so wrapped up in the current crisis with Chuck, I doubt he sees anything but that. Let alone realize if something about me had changed," you replied softly. "But, enough about that, anyone hungry?" you said, desperate to change the subject.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*  

Your friends knew about your crush on the elder Winchester, and you think even Sam and possibly Castiel suspected something. Only the object of your affection seemed oblivious to this fact, and that's probably how it was meant to be. At least that what you told yourself to spare your heart the hurt every time he brought home a girl from the bar.

Each time you saw a girl leaving Dean's room in the morning, you pushed your feelings for him down a little farther. Then you grabbed your earbuds and headed to the bunker's gym for a morning workout. Sam was usually in there as well, doing some strength training after his run. Your workout mainly consisted of taking your frustrations out on the punching bag until you could punch and kick no more. Then you showered, got dressed and went about the business of saving people and hunting things.

Then it happened one morning, about a week before your "Girls Only Weekend". You exited your room at the same time as a busty blonde was leaving Dean's room. She had pulled him in for one last kiss and as she left up the stairs, Dean turned to you, winked then closed his door. That was the last straw. When Sam walked in, you were in the middle of one of your most intense workouts in quite some time. A fact which did not escape Sam's notice.

"Now, who or what are you fighting by taking it out on that poor punching bag?" he chuckled. You continued with your routine and ignored Sam's comment. "Whoa, you must really be pissed if you won't even talk to me," Sam observed.

"Stupid"--(punch)--"smug"--(punch/kick/punch)--"idiot"--(punch/punch/kick/punch)--"MALE"--(punch/punch/kick/kick/punch)--"YOUR BROTHER!" you yelled. You then sent a flurry of punches and kicks to the bag before finally dropping to your knees in exhaustion. Sam came over to sit beside you and rubbed your back to calm you down. "So, what did Dean do this time?" he asked.

You paused to collect your thoughts and to catch your breath. "I saw her. The chick from last night, as she was leaving his room. I'm used to seeing it, but this time? After she grabbed his shirt for one last kiss, she left. He saw me, winked and went back into his room. Then I came down here," you finished.

Sam shook his head in annoyance at how clueless Dean could be sometimes. He knew you had feelings for his older brother, but that you hadn't confessed them yet.

A heartbroken sob escaped your throat, followed by silent tears of frustration. "Why doesn't he want me, Sam?" you asked quietly. "On second thought, never mind. I shouldn't ask questions to which I don't want to know the answer," you remarked. Before Sam could respond, you jumped to your feet and ran out of the gym to shower and get ready for the day, just like you usually did.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

You returned home from Sioux Falls in time to see Sam and Dean in preparation for leaving on a mission. When you reached the library, Sam noticed you had returned. "Oh, hey! Nice to see you back. Did you have a good time?" he asked.

"Yep, it was good to get away from here for a while, but it's also nice to be home. You guys headed out?" you inquired.

"We got a lead on something that may help us in the fight against Chuck, so we're going to check it out," Sam answered.