The Case - Supernatural meets Law & Order (Part 1)

Supernatural meets Law and Order, Part One

For the purpose of this Imagine, your character's name will be Mackenzie Reed.

You were in the library, sitting in your favorite chair and reading your book. It had been quiet for the past few weeks. No strange happenings or reports of monster attacks anywhere. With the lack of activity, you knew that there had to be something big on the horizon. Things hadn't gone this well for a long time. You just had no idea what it would be or when the other shoe would drop and all hell would break loose.

Sam was on his laptop, searching for cases. You came up behind him and leaned over his shoulder to see if he'd found anything. "How's it going, Sam? Find anything yet?" you asked.

He shook his head. "Nope. Zero, zilch, nada. I don't like it either, Kenz. It's too quiet. Something's always causing trouble somewhere," Sam remarked.

You nodded. At that moment, Dean came in from the garage after giving the Impala a tune-up. As he walked down the stairs, he was wiping grease residue off of a socket wrench.

When he got to the bottom, he looked up and grinned lustily at the sight of your backside as you leaned over Sam's shoulder. Dean slowly approached you and without warning, grabbed you with one muscular arm and pulled you close to his side. "Hey, baby," he rumbled, his nose inches from yours. He quickly closed the gap by crashing his lips to yours in a slow, sensuous kiss.

You removed your arm from the back of Sam's chair and curled it around his neck, pulling him closer. "Is that a socket wrench in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?" you sassed.

"It is a socket wrench, but I'm always happy to see you, sweetheart," Dean smirked.

Without missing a beat, Sam cleared his throat loudly. "Get a room, you two," he grumbled.

"We have one, don't we? C'mon baby," Dean grinned, scooping her up in his arms. You shrieked in surprise, allowing yourself to be carried away to the room you shared with Dean.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Detectives Michael Logan and Lennie Briscoe approached the yellow tape marking the crime scene and ducked under it. "What have we got?" Logan asked.

"Strangest thing. Both vics have claw marks and look like they've been dragged here from somewhere else. Plus, their hearts are missing," the on-scene tech explained.

"Hearts are missing? It's not even Valentine's Day," Briscoe quipped.

Logan chuckled softly at his partner. "Anybody see anything?" he asked.

"Nope, happened during the night, sometime within the past eight hours or so, though. We'll know more when we get them back to the M.E.'s office," the tech remarked.

"Okay, thanks. Keep us posted," Logan replied.

"So, what do you suppose we're dealing with? Some crazed killer with claws like Freddie Kruger that cuts out people's hearts?" Briscoe asked.

Logan thought for a minute as they walked back to the car. "Not sure, Lennie, but I do know of someone who might be able to help us. She and her friends kind of specialize in this sort of weird stuff," he explained.

"'She', huh? What is she, Mike, an ex-girlfriend?" Briscoe chuckled.

"As a matter of fact, yeah, she is. Her name is Mackenzie Reed. A while back, she used to be a consultant for us on this kind of stuff, then she and I got together. Almost made it to three years," he grinned.

"So, what happened?" Briscoe asked.

"Kenzie moved back to Kansas when her folks died under what she said were 'mysterious circumstances'. Always thought she'd come back here to me, but she didn't, so we called it quits. We're still friends, though. Man, she sure was a spitfire back then, but I'll bet she's even more of one now," Logan smirked. "I'll give her a call later, see if she can come out of retirement and 'consult' for us again," he finished.