Family Issues, Part 2 (KetchxReader)

When you awoke the next morning, you looked over at the clock on your nightstand. Its numbers showed it to be a bit past 8 am. As Ketch requested, pancakes were on the menu for this morning. That meant you needed to get up and run through your morning routine before you could start making breakfast.

After your shower, you entered the kitchen feeling a little lighter than you did after last night's discussion about the phone calls. You grabbed your largest mixing bowl for the pancake batter and your skillet for the bacon.

You took out the necessary ingredients, and started humming a song that had become stuck in your head. You were so caught up in the music and twirling around the kitchen, that you didn't realize you had an audience. Catching sight of Sam, Dean and Ketch, you shrieked in surprise, nearly dropping the bowl of pancake batter.

Sam entered the kitchen first. "Killer dance moves," he smirked.

Dean followed with, "Morning, sweetheart", as he fought back a grin. He wandered over to the coffee machine and proceeded to make a fresh pot.

Ketch leaned against the doorway, contemplating his next move. "Need any help?" he asked.

You put the bowl of pancake batter on the counter to face him. "Well, that depends. Are you prepared to bust out some of those dance moves you showed on our last hunt? You'll have to do that if you want to work in my kitchen," you replied. A sly smile twitched at the corners of your mouth as you returned to making breakfast.

Ketch approached and took your hand, then smiled as he pulled you close to his body. He took a few waltz steps, twirled you out then in again, so your back was against his chest. You looked at each other and grinned, both clearly enjoying the playful moment.

Without warning, he spun you out then back in, but this time, he dipped you over his knee. As he held you securely in his arms, you stared into each other's eyes. For the briefest of moments, it felt as though you and Ketch were the only two in the kitchen.

"Excuse me," Dean nudged you enough to break you out of your trance and started to flip the bacon over in the pan. "Can't be burning the bacon while you two are goofing off, you know," he teased.

Ketch carefully returned you to an upright position, but seemed reluctant to release you from his embrace. Your cheeks grew warm as he kissed the back of your hand. "Thank you so much for the dance, darling. Now may I assist you in some other way?" he asked.

"Sure, you can get down some plates for everyone, then a platter for the bacon, please," you instructed. You and Ketch got into a rhythm, and soon breakfast was ready in no time. After you all finished eating, you were sitting around talking, enjoying one another's company. Suddenly, your phone rang and without looking at Caller ID, you answered it.

"Hello?" you replied, laughing.

No answer, but you could hear someone breathing, as in the previous phone calls. The smile died on your lips as your heart rate increased. "Who are you and why do you keep calling?" you demanded. All conversation ceased as Sam's, Dean's and Ketch's attention turned sharply towards you and your phone conversation. You pressed the button to put the call on speakerphone.

"I told you that your luck would run out. Time to settle all accounts and to pay the piper," the voice answered. "Meet me tomorrow at 10:00 pm. Alone. I'll text you the address. If any of your friends decide to get involved, I'll make sure they regret it," the voice threatened, then the call disconnected.

You placed your phone on the table with shaking hands. "That, uh....was him. Just waiting on a text message now, I guess," you explained.

"Good, then we can probably track his location that way, through the text message," Sam interjected.