Family Issues, Part 1 (KetchxReader)

"Director of Operations, Director Wallace speaking," you answered. "Yes, I'll speak to him. Sheriff Dullard, is there some sort of problem? Because you should know that Agents Taggart, Rosewood and Foley are my top agents....I assigned them to this case because they are my best investigators," you explained. Once again, you were being asked to validate credentials for Sam, Dean and now Ketch, for some nosy, small-town sheriff.

"But...." the sheriff persisted.

"We don't want this kind of situation to get out of hand, now do we? Wouldn't want your little town to be known as 'the place where that thing happened' now would you? No, I didn't think you would, so let my agents do their work so they can wrap this up and leave town. Afterwards, your biggest worry will be some dumb kid climbing up the water tower, just so he can spray paint 'I heart Becky Sue' on it. I expect your full and complete cooperation with my agents, Sheriff Dullard. Is that clear?" you snapped.

"Yes, ma'am. I understand. Here you go, Agent Taggart," Sheriff Dullard said, handing Sam his phone back.

"We good?" Sam asked you.

"Yeah, Sam, you guys are good, he's handing over the files. You shouldn't have any more problems with Sheriff Dumbass," you muttered. "Stay safe, and watch out for each other, yeah? See you soon," you replied.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

You hung up the phone, rolled your eyes and let out an exasperated groan. These small town authorities are so suspicious and territorial, you thought. Sam and Dean were following up on what looked like vampire activity in town and on the road to town. They were having trouble locating the nest, so a specialist was called in from another sector.

Arthur Ketch was currently working with Sam and Dean to help find and clear the nest. He still had access to some technology belonging to the former British Men of Letters, like tracking software and weapons. There was one particular weapon that dispensed rounds created specifically for fighting vampires. It used ceramic rounds that when they hit their victim and exploded, they released a dose of dead man's blood and paralyzed the vamp.

When Arthur Ketch was brought in for this mission, you tried to keep your focus on the task at hand. This was proving more and more difficult the more often he was brought in on cases and considering how you felt about him.

Ketch's handsome face with his blue-grey eyes and mischievous smile constantly invaded your dreams. You blushed at the mere thought of what it would be like to have his strong arms around you. You longed to run your fingers through his dark chestnut hair and hear your name fall from his lips in that sexy accent of his.

However, you also lived in the real world, where you were sure that the attraction was purely one-sided. You were fairly certain that he didn't give you a second thought. You told yourself that he probably thought of you as nothing more than a friend. Or worse, Sam and Dean's annoying little sister.

Ketch could have his pick of any woman in the world, all of them more beautiful and sophisticated than you would ever be. You convinced yourself that for these and many other reasons, he would never choose to be with you. So, you settled for his friendship and continued to push your feelings down and out of the way.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Your phone rang again, but the Caller ID said "Restricted". You hesitated before picking up, but decided to answer using your Fed ID, in case it was the sheriff calling back. "Director of Operations, Director Wallace speaking," you answered.

Silence reigned on the other end, but you could hear someone breathing. "I know someone is there on the line. Who is this?" you demanded.

"I'll tell you who I am if you'll tell me who you really are. It's not nice to lie. I also know what you are, and you're not FBI," the voice taunted. With a click, the call ended.