That One Night (DeanxReader)

You were in the library, taking advantage of the silence to dive into the next chapter of your favorite book. You reached for your cup of orange cinnamon tea on the table behind you. The cup was almost to your lips when you heard the bunker door fly open. You nearly spilled your drink in your haste to return the cup to the small table next to your chair. Heavy boots clomped down the stairs and you bolted from your chair to greet them.

"Hey, you guys are home early! I take it things went well?" you asked as you stepped in for a welcome-home hug.

"We came, we saw, we sliced off their heads," Dean quipped. "Seriously, though, if you hadn't called with that last minute bit of info, this would've gone very differently. Thank you, sweetheart," he said as he kissed your temple. "You saved our asses tonight."

You felt your cheeks grow warm at hearing Dean's praise. "Let's not exaggerate things, Dean. You guys have been in much tougher situations way before I came along. You survived just fine," you reminded him.

"Maybe, but it's a lot easier, now that we have the best damn research artist in the hunting world," Dean replied. "I'm gonna go take a shower, then we're headed out for a drink. You wanna join us?" he asked you.

"Nah, you guys go ahead. You deserve to celebrate, since you did all the hard work," you answered.

You had your reasons for not always going to the bar. Usually, you sat in the background while Sam and Dean traded stories with other hunters. From time to time, you went up to the bar to pick up another round, or some snacks. Eventually, the boys would each find a warm body to keep them company. Then, you were left to entertain yourself, at least until someone wanted to go home.

"Aw, come on, sweetheart. What you did was just as important. You deserve to have a little fun, too. Please?" Dean pleaded.

You rolled your eyes in mock annoyance. "Fine. While you're in the shower, I'll get changed," you relented with a smile. You decided to dress up a little, so you changed into your new pair of faded blue jeans with decorated back pockets. A sparkly red scoop-neck tank top, black-and-white flannel shirt and your red Converse shoes completed the outfit.

When you heard the shower turn off, you knew you only had about ten minutes before it was time to leave. You fluffed and sprayed your hair to hold it in place, and kept your makeup to a minimum.

"Last one to the garage buys the first round!" Dean shouted. There was no sense in running, since you had decided you were going to buy the first round anyway. You climbed into the back seat of the Impala, and headed to town.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

You'd met the Winchesters several years ago on a particularly nasty ghoul hunt, after which you moved into the bunker. Since you took up residence in the bunker, your role in the hunting world changed. It became less about hunting and more about taking care of things on the home front. You covered the research, kept the boys well-fed and patched up the injuries.

Because of your love for books on any and all subjects, you and Sam quickly became best friends. You liked a lot of the same movies, and told some of the same jokes. You knew every piece of Star Trek trivia, while Sam gave you a run for your money on Star Wars knowledge. On long car rides, you loved to challenge each other with random facts about your favored series.

But Dean? Well....Dean was different. Your dreams were filled with visions of his sexy green eyes gazing at you like you were the only woman in the world. His muscular arms that you longed to have wrapped around you like a warm blanket, keeping you safe. That deep, husky voice of his that nearly melted you every time you heard him call you "sweetheart".