one

"(Y/N)!" Nishinoya leaps onto (Y/N)'s back, looping his arms around his neck and his legs around his waist.

He rests his chin on his shoulder after feeling (Y/N) almost jump at the sudden feeling of a body weighing him down.

"Hi, Noya," he smiles, glancing at him out of the corner of his eye. "Ooh, your hair is different! Did you forget to put gel in it today?"

His hair was left alone instead of gelled up, and Nishinoya beams when he noticed.

"Nope!" he finally slides off of him, moving to stand beside him. "I'm trying out a new style!"

(Y/N) pinches the bleached part of his hair with his fingers, making Nishinoya go cross eyed to look. "It looks great, Noya-kun." He lets go and smiles at him.

Nishinoya's smile somehow gets larger.

"Oh, sorry for not walking with you to school," (Y/N) says when he remembered, patting the libero on the head. "I woke up late."

Nishinoya watches him pull his hand away, "It's fine-"

"(L/N)!" Tanaka suddenly yells, running up to the other second-year. "I've bought a suit, now what do I do?"

"Oh... you actually did that?" (Y/N) blinks at him before a mischievous grin spreads across his lips. "Cool! Now you need to get flowers, particularly her favorite! You know what it is, right?"

"Kiyoko's favorite flower..?" Tanaka was stumped. He quickly turns to Nishinoya, shaking him frantically by the shoulders. "Noya-san! What's Kiyoko's favorite flower?"

"Oh.. I don't know," Nishinoya fees his gaze wonder over to (Y/N). "(Favorite flower)?"

"I thought she hated those," (Y/N) quirks an eyebrow at Nishinoya.

"Well, anyways, I bought you a suit so we can both impress Kiyoko!" Tanaka beamed. "I'm going to put on mine soon, so you should do the same!"

"How about I put it on another day?" Nishinoya smiles apologetically. "I have to work on my receives... before I can be blessed by even looking at her, " he adds the last part quickly when everyone looked at him in shock. "Besides, you can get Kiyoko all to yourself today!"

"Woohoo!" Tanaka yells again, running towards the changing rooms before coming back in a suit. Except his pants are on backwards, and everything is wrinkled and messy.

"I'm glad at least one of them stopped for today," Daichi sighs, watching Tanaka look around the gym for flowers, while (Y/N) shakes with laughter beside them. The (h/c) haired teen had somehow made his way towards them in an effort to try and stop laughing.

Sugawara nods, glancing at Nishinoya discreetly. "I'm sure Kiyoko will feel better now that she only has to deal with one of them."

Daichi suddenly leans closer to Sugawara's ear, looking around mockingly to see if anyone was listening in before whispering, "Y'know, I think Tanaka might just win over Kiyoko one day."

"You think so?" Sugawara asks in surprise, looking towards a busy Kiyoko who is oblivious to what is going on. He leans towards Daichi as well, lowering his voice. "I think there's something up with Nishinoya-"

Finally recovered from his laughing fit, (Y/N) rolls his eyes and walks away to help Tanaka find flowers. Who knew Daichi and Suga were such gossipers?

"Tanaka, you're not going to find any flowers in the gym," he crouches down next to a crying Tanaka who had collapsed only seconds ago. "We can go outside real quick and then you can give them to her."

He leads him outside, watching him scramble around for any plant life. He muffles his laughter with a hand at the sight.

Tanaka soon came back with his hands behind his back, sporting a huge and proud grin.

"Well...? What kind of flowers did you find?" (Y/N) says and urges him on impatiently.

Tanaka reveals a ginormous amount of dandelions to (Y/N) who stood there speechless. How did he find so many? "Beautiful, right?" Tanaka smirks confidently.

"Those are actually weeds, Ryu," Nishinoya pops up beside (Y/N), looking unimpressed.

Tanaka physically deflates, making Nishinoya and (Y/N) panic. "It's the thought that counts though!" (Y/N) waves his hands erratically. "I'm sure she'll love them!"

"You think so?"

"I know so!" (Y/N) says confidently.

Nishinoya nods, "She'll be so happy, she'll probably even say something to you!"

Tanaka sniffles out a thanks and walks into the gym. (Y/N) looks towards Nishinoya. "How come you're not joining him? Don't you want Kiyoko to look at you too?"

Nishinoya shrugs, looking sheepishly to the ground. "I guess I'm just not feeling it today." His voice goes higher at the end of his sentence, making it sound like a question instead of a sure statement.

"Are you sick?" (Y/N) asks worriedly, placing his hands on Nishinoya's shoulders to get his attention when he goes to turn away.

The other second year looks like he's buzzing with jolts of energy and seems overall shaky when (Y/N) takes in his appearance carefully.

"I'm... fine!" And now he looks like he's about to explode, (Y/N) observed.

"(L/N), Nishinoya!" they both heard Daichi shout for them. "It's time to start!"

"C'mon," (Y/N) gently tugs Nishinoya along with him back into the gym. "You'll tell me if you're sick though, right?"

"I will, but I'm not sick," Nishinoya shakes his head.