eleven

Noya can't come over to (Y/N)'s house that night. Apparently he was having a family dinner. Which, first of all, he should be included. Second of all, :(.

But now he has time to make up more plans and partially ignore everything Sugawara said.

He has a ripped piece of paper out, writing scrawled all over it with ideas. His favorite of right now: chant all 50 reasons he likes (Y/N) before giving him a gift and asking him to be his boyfriend. He is also thinking he might get Ennoshita to organize them in alphabetical order to show more effort.

Listen, sure, (Y/N) could say yes if he just asked him, but he needed to one up what that girl did... or what (Y/N) thinks that random girl did. (It was him! How could (Y/N) not see it?)

There was now also the problem of Tanaka dating (Y/N), because who knew if (Y/N) was being serious when he said yes. Nishinoya wouldn't want to upset him. Nishinoya pouts to himself, jotting down reason 37. He was going to have to know first before he did anything.

He pulled out his phone, texting (Y/N) again.

(ididNOTeatants): can i come over after ur family dinnerrr??? it isnt a family sleepover rite

(username): ya do whatever idc
(username): come over now they're leaving

Nishinoya grinned triumphantly. Now, he was definitely going to get a boyfriend pretty soon. Hopefully. He looks down at his list. 37 reasons instead of 50 would have to do.

His hair is already starting to lie flat and he refuses to waste anymore flowers, so he shoves on a red hoodie while walking out his door. He's already halfway to (Y/N)'s house when he realizes he should've also put on a tie.

The door opens before he can even announce he's there. (Y/N) stands there in a (f/c) hoodie, yawning sleepily. Oh. People do look very cuddly and cute in hoodies. He has to remember to put this for reason 38. "Get in here before I kick you to Mars."

Nishinoya rushes in, looking at him with wide eyes. "Why are you mad?"

"When you texted me, I dropped my juice box," (Y/N) pouts. Nishinoya kicks him in the ankle—with love, of course.

He's led to (Y/N)'s room. Nishinoya freezes right before he comes in, sending (Y/N) a look. He didn't change rooms.

"Well, what do you wanna do?" (Y/N) falls into his desk chair, spinning around in a circle while Nishinoya launches himself into his bed. Maybe he's overthinking it.

"I dunno," he answers, staring at (Y/N).

"Why were you so desperate to come over then?" (Y/N) raises an eyebrow at him when he stops spinning. Maturely, Nishinoya sticks his tongue out at him. (Y/N) does it back.

They sit in silence for the next few minutes, Nishinoya quietly watching (Y/N) do his homework. Nishinoya slowly shuffles forward so that his legs hang from the bed.

"Hey, (Y/N)?"

"What?"

"If I were to die tomorrow—" (Y/N)'s head snaps over in his direction, and Nishinoya grins apologetically at him, "—what would you say to me today? I'm not actually, duh, it's just a question."

"Oh," (Y/N) looks back down at his homework. "That's a weird question."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

Nishinoya kicks his legs back and forth and waits as (Y/N) thinks it over.

"I guess I would tell you how in love I am with you," (Y/N) answers before writing down an answer. Nishinoya stares at him.