two

"Man," Nishinoya watches (Y/N) roll onto his back after he gracefully collapsed onto his face in the club room. "I'm so tired."

"Get up, (L/N)," Daichi sighs.

(Y/N) smirks, folding his hands under his head. "Nah, I think I'll take a nap here."

"If you want to get locked in here when we leave, sure," Daichi warns before dropping his bag onto the second year's face.

"Ow!" he shoves the bag off and sat up, rubbing the red mark on his nose. "This is abuse."

"Good."

"Daichi!"

Sugawara laughs, trying to stifle it with a hand. (Y/N) turns to glare at him but paused at the sight of Nishinoya next to the setter.

"Noya!" he scrambles up to him clumsily. "Do you want to stay over this weekend? I bought this new game for my switch we can both play!"

Nishinoya nods, smiling brightly at him. "As long as we get to eat popsicles!"

They quickly finish getting ready to leave and are out of school property before Daichi can ask them to lock up.

Nishinoya turns at the bend that makes them separate, waving a goodbye to the other second year.

He quickly gets home and sneaks into his room so no one bothers him. He takes out a random empty notebook and finds a snapped in half pencil to write with.

He writes down two things in a numbered list.

1. suit

2. flowers

He grins, proud that he's taking time to perfect his plan. He can already see (Y/N)'s happy face when he—

When he...

He feels like his brain exploded like a bunch of fireworks.

-

"Noya, are you really not sick? You look tired," (Y/N) pokes him in the forehead lightly the next day, a small smile resting on his lips.

Nishinoya moves his gaze up from the ground to look at his smile before tearing it away to look into his eyes. Like what a normal person would do.

"I'm fine," he straightens his back and walks faster to prove it. (Y/N) falls silent after that, trailing behind him. There's no reason to be acting weird, Nishinoya thinks. This is all normal.

When (Y/N) makes no move to catch up, Nishinoya panics slightly, wondering if he was acting weird.

They get ready for morning practice when they arrive to school, and Ukai makes the team split into two to have a practice match when everyone arrives.

"C'mon, (Y/N)! Put some more spirit into it!" Nishinoya yells as (Y/N) tries to a do a rolling receive and only ends up knocking over Hinata.

The balls hits the ground and the other side of the net scores. Tsukishima laughs at the second year, and (Y/N) glares at him from the floor.

"Sorry we're not all good at receiving, Noya," (Y/N) grumbles as an embarrassed flush crawls down his neck from his face.

He stands up, and Nishinoya comes over slaps his back. After seeing his face was still red, Noya says, "At least you didn't pull a Hinata and serve into the back of Kageyama's head!"

"Stop bringing that back up!" Hinata whines, turning around un his spot to face the two. "I thought he was gonna kill me!"

"I was thinking about it," Kageyama mutters, making the middle blocker squeak.

(Y/N) laughs, sending Nishinoya an appreciative smile. Nishinoya beams right back.

"Let's take a quick break," Ukai says, seeing their attention is now scattered.

"(L/N)!" Tanaka grabs (Y/N) before he can even take a sip of water. "What color looks good on me?"

"Uh..." (Y/N) stares at him. "I think the color red looks good on everyone..? I think I've heard before that red usually catches people's eyes, so that's why companies use it so much in ads and stuff."

"Really?" Tanaka gapes. "Have we been tricked our whole lives then?"

"I don't know what you're talking about but.. probably," (Y/N) laughs.

"Anyways... If I were to wear something, what would I wear?"

"Ryu... are you going on a date?!" Nishinoya yells, drawing attention from some of their passing teammates.

"No! But I must be prepared for when the time comes," Tanaka beams. "Now answer the question, (L/N)."

"I think everyone looks good in hoodies," (Y/N) says after a little bit of thinking. "It makes people look cuddly, I guess."

"I don't want to look cuddly," Tanaka pouts. "I want wear something to make me look so handsome, everyone drops dead!"

"Aww, Tanaka-kun," (Y/N) winks playfully, "you already are that handsome!" he pretends to swoon and crumble to the ground before sticking out his tongue and closing his eyes.

After a moment of pure utter silence between the three, Tanaka and (Y/N) burst out laughing while Nishinoya is still stuck trying to catch up with what just occurred in the last ten seconds.

Nishinoya feels an uncontrollable smile forming on his face as he sees (Y/N) dying of laughter on the floor.

Practice continues and ends quickly, and Nishinoya doesn't really get a chance to talk with (Y/N) again until after school practice had ended.

"I'll go buy meat buns," Daichi offers and then everyone is following him to Ukai's shop.

They all grab one each, and (Y/N) stands with Nishinoya as he talks with Ennoshita and him.

Nishinoya takes a huge bite out of (Y/N)'s meat bun when he is looking at Ennoshita and not him. He acts innocent by looking at his phone when (Y/N) finally notices that his bun is a lot smaller than it used to be.

"Whatever," (Y/N) mutters to himself after interrogating Hinata and Tanaka, not bothering with Nishinoya who looked too invested in his phone to do such a thing. "Wanna start heading off, Noya?"

"Sure," Nishinoya tucks his phone away and finishes off his own meat bun. Nishinoya starts telling him about his day, how he accidentally tripped the teacher, and also how he swears this cute girl in his class was staring at him.

They reach the part where they split up and Nishinoya sighs softly to himself. "See ya soon, (Y/N)."

"See ya. Don't forget about coming over later tomorrow for the weekend!" (Y/N) waves to him, and Nishinoya turns to walk along the bend.

Nishinoya gets home and takes out his notebook, finding his pencil relatively easily.

3. red colors draw attention

4. hoodies

Nishinoya rereads his list before frowning. Number four contradicted number one! What was he supposed to wear? Hoodies or suits?

It didn't matter anyways. He had yet to test out his hypothesis he's been forming all day long.

What's the hypothesis?

If he was attracted to girls, then Kiyoko will be more appealing when she and (Y/N) stand next to each other.