four

Nishinoya wakes up with a pain banging through his temples. He groans and peeks open an eye. He's still on the window seat but now he's tucked close to (Y/N).

He finds nothing wrong with this and presses his forehead into (Y/N)'s cooler neck after shutting his eye back closed.

He doesn't react at all when (Y/N) flinches and stirs.

"Noya-kun, I thought you weren't sick," he feels his friend pull away and press a hand onto his forehead.

His eyes finally blink open wearily and he sees (Y/N) propping himself up with an arm to look down at him with a quirked eyebrow. "...Huh?"

(Y/N) smiles at him, amused yet fond at the same time. "I'll be back," he crawls over Nishinoya to leave the room.

Nishinoya slowly stretches out his too hot limbs, feeling exhaustion weigh his whole body down. His head pounds even harder when he tries to lift it, and only now does it suddenly sink in that he's sick.

He huffs out irritably, watching (Y/N) walk back in. Nishinoya sits up the whole way just as (Y/N) hands him a glass of water and a pill.

"This is what I take when I'm sick," (Y/N) says, smiling softly.

Nishinoya takes them, quickly swallowing the pill and luckily not choking on it.

"This is the perfect excuse for watching movies all day!" (Y/N) sounds excited as he goes to rummage through his closet. He throws a fluffy blanket at Nishinoya.

"I'm not leaving?" Nishinoya asks, being pulled up by (Y/N) and lead to his bed. (Y/N) goes and grabs his laptop before plopping down beside Nishinoya atop his covers and opening his laptop.

"Nope," (Y/N) says when he finally remembers to answer. "It'll be super convenient for me to get sick anyways. I have this math test that I absolutely would love to miss on Monday."

Nishinoya only shrugs, and (Y/N) grins.

"Anyways, what do you want to watch?"

Nishinoya points to one that looks interesting, and (Y/N) clicks on it. He curls into the blanket, feeling chilly and hot at the same time.

The movie is about two people, a girl and a boy who fall in love unsurprisingly despite the hardships of their lives.

Nishinoya turns a deep red as the two characters kiss and cannot help but imagine what it would be like to do that with (Y/N). He feels stupid, flushing over bad acting.

He looks over to (Y/N). The other second year is unaffected by the scene and even looks... bored. (Y/N) catches him looking and suddenly his eyes lit up.

"I know what I wanted to say earlier!"

"What?" Nishinoya croaks out with a hoarse voice, hope igniting in his stomach. His mind reels with the endless possibilities.

"I wanted to say that I would love to kiss you just like those people in the movie!"

"I wanted to say that any girl would die to be your boyfriend, but that's too bad for them because I'm planning on having you all for myself."

"I wanted to say that I am going to propose you at a pretty beach, and then we'll have the best–"

"I think you getting sick was why you kept acting weird," the (Y/N) in real life and not the one in Nishinoya's fantasies says, ruffling Nishinoya's hair playfully to get his attention when he saw his faraway look.

"Yes, anything you– Wait, what?" Nishinoya stares, and (Y/N) withdraws his hand from his hair.

(Y/N) explains, "You kept staring at me and you kept turning red. You even didn't bother Kiyoko, so it was kinda concerning."

"...What?" Nishinoya asks again, mortification settling uncomfortably deep under his skin. "That was because of this stupid cold?"

"Uh.. probably?" (Y/N) shrugs. "Your face is red right now. Why did you think you were dying or something?" he jokes.

Nishinoya doesn't laugh.

(Y/N) brushes it off as him being currently being out of it. The medication he just took probably didn't help. He turns back to the movie when Nishinoya doesn't even reply after a whole minute.

The movie ends and Nishinoya has no idea what happened in the last 40 minutes. He is contemplating every life choice he has ever made, and wondering where he went wrong.

Had he really been gaining a cold for the past few days? He hadn't felt sick until now.

"Nishinoya, I think you might be getting worse," (Y/N) suddenly says, closing his laptop gently after his search for another movie failed. He disappears into the bathroom, coming back with a wet cloth and slapping it onto his forehead. "I'm pretty sure this will help!"

"Pretty sure?" Nishinoya teases him, laying back flat on his back. He lets the blanket fall off him.

(Y/N) sticks his tongue out at him. "Sleep or whatever while I fix us something to eat." He sends Nishinoya a smile before he closes his door behind him, and Nishinoya feels his heart race.

Yet Nishinoya did not like (Y/N) at all. It was all because of his sickness that he had been feeling weird around him, staring at him longer than usually, and turning red whenever he locked eyes with him.

It was all because he was sick.

It makes sense.

(It didn't, he realizes when he has the sudden urge to kiss (Y/N) when he brings him soup.)