ten

"So... did you see anything weird last night? Or today?" Nishinoya subtly brings up, a proud smile spreading across his face.

They're currently walking to school, and Nishinoya is vibrating with excitement from what's to come. Also, (Y/N) is better and does not look like he's going to fall asleep on the spot. Which is of course another reason to be excited.

"Um..." (Y/N) gives him a suspicious glance before looking back ahead. "There were a bunch of notes on my parents' window."

What.

"...What?" Nishinoya asks weakly, feeling like he might as well just dig a hole and live in it.

"Yeah, at first my mom thought my dad had some weird mistress, but then she saw how horrid the 'penmanship' was and thought some weirdo teenager wrote the notes as a prank."

Weirdo teenager? Nishinoya needs to find a shovel fast. "Oh," Nishinoya sighs out. "You think it could've maybe been for you?"

"I mean... it would have to be someone I know then," (Y/N) shrugs. "Because me and parents switched rooms recently. So maybe they confused my window for theirs."

Oh. So that's how that happened. Why would they even change rooms anyways? Nishinoya puffs out his cheeks in frustration.

"Maybe it is for me," (Y/N) mutters, and Nishinoya's expression lights up again. "I'll probably ask them out for a date or something. They seem to care a lot."

"Really?" Noya looks at him hopefully.

"I think it's that girl that kissed me," (Y/N) says, sending Nishinoya a look that he doesn't understand. "Maybe I'll ask her out today."

"...Do you have a shovel?" Nishinoya asks.

-

"Bro!"

"Bro!" Tanaka answers back from across the gym. Nishinoya scampers over to him, almost running into Tsukishima on his way.

"You have to help me!" Nishinoya grabs him by the shirt, eyes wide and pleading.

"Sure! What's up?" Tanaka, a gift from god in Noya's opinion, asks.

"You need to ask (Y/N) how he wants to be asked out!" Nishinoya says, and they both turn their heads to look over at him. "Look at him and his stupid, cute oblivious face! He's gonna ask out that girl soon before I even get a chance to make up another plan!"

"Of course I'll help you. Leave it up to me, I won't fail you!"

Half an hour later, Tanaka comes out with Suga from the locker rooms and tells Noya that in no time, he will have a boyfriend. He stalks off towards (Y/N) who is talking to Yachi.

"You're what?!" Yachi shrieks from across the gym. Noya watches form afar, tucked just out of sight behind Asahi.

"...Noya, what are you doing?" Daichi asks, squinting his eyes when Suga joins Noya behind Asahi. "Is this some sort of game?"

Nishinoya watches as (Y/N) goes to hand his Karasuno jersey to Yachi only for her to shove it back to him and say something else.

And then a thought comes in... what if?

Nishinoya scowls. "She's dating someone, right?"

"Yep," Sugawara answers, peeking out from behind Asahi as well. "Are you making Tanaka do something? He was talking to himself in the mirror for like five minutes when I went in."

"I'm making him ask (Y/N) how he wants to be asked out. Y'know... for an intelligent plan of mine to be formed."

"Um... I need to go practice actually–"

"Shut up, Asahi," Sugawara says back very kindly. "Consider this practice for standing so still you trick our opponents."

Yachi leaves, and now... it was time.

Tanaka slowly gets even closer to (Y/N), doing a weird side step up to him.

"Tanaka? What are you doing?"

"Let's say, I'm going to ask you out," Tanaka says, getting down on one knee as if he was proposing. "How would I go about that?"

(Y/N) stares at him. "Are you... doing that? Right now?"

"Say no, say no, say no," Nishinoya chants under his breath.

"He's gonna panic and say yes," Sugawara groans.

"Um..." Tanaka looks over towards Nishinoya. "Yes...? But I'm asking for—"

"Bro, of course I'll date you."

"ARE YOU–" Sugawara muffles Nishinoya's shout with a hand, giving an apologetic smile when both Tanaka and (Y/N) look over.

(Y/N) has the audacity to start to laugh and walk away.

"Why was he laughing?! This is a serious matter!" Nishinoya whines quietly as he's dragged to the opposite corner of the gym, Sugawara rolling his eyes at him in the process.

"Go over to his house tonight and ask him out directly," Sugawara says. "All the stuff you've been doing isn't working obviously. So just ask him out with words."

"But he said–"

"He said stuff about asking out girls, right?Who knows if he would want to be asked out like the ways he's already said. Maybe, maybe not. Just ask him out! No more weird... marker on a volleyball or scarves."

"My scarf was not weird," Noya defends himself and looks over to (Y/N) who is now talking with Asahi.

Sugawara kicks him in the shin for good luck.

———
this fic might suck but im having sm fun