Temper (M x Alv) A

Pairing - Mattia x Alvaro (Malvaro)
Category - angst
POV - 3rd person

╔═════════════════╗
"𝕎𝕒𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕄𝕒𝕥𝕥𝕚𝕒'𝕤 𝕨𝕒𝕪 𝕠𝕗 𝕤𝕒𝕪𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕚𝕥 𝕨𝕒𝕤 𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕣?"
╚═════════════════╝

╔═════════════════╗"𝕎𝕒𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕄𝕒𝕥𝕥𝕚𝕒'𝕤 𝕨𝕒𝕪 𝕠𝕗 𝕤𝕒𝕪𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕚𝕥 𝕨𝕒𝕤 𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕣?"╚═════════════════╝

╔═════════════════╗
"ℙ𝕣𝕠𝕓𝕒𝕓𝕝𝕪."
╚═════════════════╝

Mattia always had a temper, that was something Alvaro had to deal with. It was rare that he blew up at him or one of their friends, though.

This time was apparently different.

"God Alvaro can you stop being around me all the time!?
"What?"
"You're always so fucking clingy! I need alone time too y'know!"
"We haven't been out in 2 weeks!"
"Yeah but you're always at my house!"
"I've been over 3 times in those two weeks and two of those times I sat in silence!"

Mattia let out an exasperated huff. Alvaro knew why he was getting so angry, finals were stressing him out. But it didn't mean it didn't hurt.

"Whatever. Just fucking leave me alone for five goddamn seconds."
"Fine."

Alvaro walked away angrily. As soon as he did Mattia regretted it. He wanted to pick him up and hold him like a little teddy bear. That's how he always felt when he was stressed. Instead he went home and pulled out a box.

He started searching his room for everything Alvaro gave him. There was sort of a lot, considering they had been dating for almost a year now. He shoved it all in, the box almost overflowing.

And he drove to Alvaro's house. And left the box on his doorstep.

He didn't even bother knocking.

Alvaro noticed the box about 40 minutes later. When he saw it he felt his heart get ripped to shreds. Was this Mattia's way of saying it was over?
Probably.

Another 20 minutes passed. His phone buzzed. He checked it, hoping it was Mattia saying he was sorry. Instead it was a notification from any group chat with both him and Mattia.

Mattia Polibio has left the chat!

He squeezed his phone in his hand. Tears slid down his face and onto the screen. It kept buzzing, the screen flashing on and off of his friends asking why Mattia left.

He didn't have an answer for them.

He sat on his bed, feeling like his throat was filled with cotton. Mattia really had left him. There was no going back on it.

He knew it would only go poorly if they broke up. He didn't expect this.

After a couple vague posts on his Instagram Mattia just disappeared. Of course their friends kept trying to find him. Alvaro tried too. Just not as hard. Mattia wouldn't wanna to see him again, after all. But going to his house only yielded his panicked parents. No Mattia there either.

It was almost two weeks after. Alvaro and Kairi were driving through downtown, searching for Mattia as usual.

"Wait-" Alvaro grabbed Kai's arm. There was a small crowd around the front of a building.
They pulled over and got out, walking to someone at the edge of the crowd. "What's going on?"
"There's a boy up there. He's going to jump. We're trying to stop him." She explained in a somewhat panicked voice.

Alvaro squinted slightly as he looked up the tall building. "What if that's Mattia?" Kai voiced his thoughts from next to him.

Before they could do anything about it the boy started falling. Everyone was screaming and rushing to try and blunt his decent. In the end a middle aged man caught him enough to ensure he wasn't... well, splat.

And it was Mattia.

The lady next to them frantically called 911. Kai rushed forward and took Mattia into his arms, trying to wake him up on his own. Alvaro was just... frozen.

Mattia ran away and jumped off of a fucking roof for him.

Before long an ambulance arrived. Kai helped the paramedics get Mattia's stupidly large limp body onto it before dragging Alvaro in too.

Kairi calling Mattia's parents felt like background noise for Alvaro, even though he was right next to him.

He had three broken bones, two in one leg and one in his arm, and a concussion. And a dislocated shoulder.

He was awake a week later. Alvaro was there the whole time. He didn't care he was missing out on his summer. He refused to leave Mattia's side.

"Alvaro?" Mattia's voice was raspy, likely from not being used. In an instant Alvaro threw the overly heavy yellow blanket he was given off of him, flying to his feet.
"Mattia! You're awake!" He cried out, cupping his face. He just looked at him blearily.

"He has a bit of memory loss." A nurse told him quietly.
"How much?"
"I doubt he remembers anything from the last year."
"Oh..."

He didn't remember them. He also didn't remember the end of them.

Maybe it was wrong. But he never outright broke up with him, right?

"Mattia, we're dating."
"I told you guys?"
"Told us what?"
"That... that..."
"You're gay?"
"Yeah.."
"Yes, dear, you told us."
"Oh... that's... useful. And- and we're dating?"
"Mhm. Almost a year now."

He cracked a small smile. "Okay. We're dating."