Lovely Rita | Paul

[1967]
__

SCENE:
It was a rather breezy London day, the sun was high in the sky, feverishly kissing the exposed skin of the pupils below it, a rather beautiful experience for summertime.

A woman stood in her vest and uniform, watching carefully how the people parked between the solid white lines, her eyes narrow, her brows furrowed. At the sight of a slight error someone makes, she whips out her small white booklet and scribbles in a ticket for the poor fellow who now owes the government a small fortune.

__

He noticed the meter maid while standing next to the medium height parking meter. She was in a cap that made her look older than she was, and with a bag slung across her shoulder. To him, she looked a little like a military man.

With great buoyancy, he strode across the street to meet her, smushing his dead cigarette into the concrete floor below, and brushing out his lofty dark brown hair.

"Hi, I'm Paul." The man extended a kind hand to shake, his large, doey eyes trying their best to flirt.

"Rita." She responded, blushing slightly.

"Lovely to meet ye..Rita." He hesitantly responded, their hands still connected warmly. "When are ye free to take some tea with me?" Paul enquired discreetly.

"Later." Rita took the pen in her hand and began to jot down a number before ripping it from its perforated edge and handing it to him.

With a single, silent nod, Paul turned around on his heels and began to walk back to the other side of the street.

__

Paul took Rita out to dinner, and they had a laugh, Paul trying desperately to win her.

Rita paid for the meal, even though she understood Paul's wealthy occupation, she wasn't like other women who begged on her knees for a mans' money.

"I would really like to see you again." Paul grinned at her as the waiter took away their clean plates.

In silence she just nodded and modestly got up from her chair, waiting outside for a cab which Paul took with her.

The two of them made it back to her couch in a flat she shared with her two sisters, who were excited that the Paul McCartney had a crush on their big sister.

Paul, on the other hand, wasn't as happy, for he had planned to do other things when he returned to her white flat. Nevertheless there was something about this woman that made him satisfied, even while being dressed completely.

As Rita escorted Paul out of the building and to the car waiting, she gave him the most enchanting wink, a smirk across her lips.

Paul got back into the car and watched as he pulled away from her, his palm pressed against the glass. As soon as she was out of sight, he sighed and knew he wouldn't be able to stop thinking about her.

"Lovely Rita..meter maid.." He hummed sweetly to himself.

__

y'all...this was EXACTLY like the song. If you look at the lyrics, they're mostly in here somehow.

uh Rita wasn't a fucking meter maid, she was an actress. So that's great.