Revolution 1 | John

[1968]
__

SCENE:
(this is honestly not romantic)

The grand lecture hall had warm, chestnut walls that extended up high, with beams striped across the ceiling. Chairs sat greek theatre style, flowing down to a single wooden podium where one of our classmates stood, nervously stacking a pile of short notecards.

He was going to be giving a speech on what he would do if he was going to run for prime minister. We all had the same project, yet he got the luck of the straw today. His name was Tommy Peterson.

You sat next to your boyfriend John, holding his hand as he goofed off with some of his best mates. You turned your focus down to the boy who was preparing his speech and waiting for everyone to settle down before he began and felt slight sympathy for him despite the fact he was a total dick when you tried to talk to him about it before the bell rang.

Most importantly, John and him fought a lot.

__

As he finished his speech people around you clapped, and even you tried to before John made you stop, eyeing you down and holding your hands together so you couldn't.

"Any questions?" Professor Pemberly asked, gesturing his arms widely.

Don't do it don't do it.

John stood up proudly, fixing his little uniform coat and smiling.

"Yes, Mr. Lennon."

"Thank you Professor Peebody." John winked cheekily, looking down at you. "You say you want a revolution."

"More of an evolution, yes." Tom spoke matter of factly.

"Either way, we all want to change the world. You talk about destruction of people and property.."

"Well-"

"You can count me out of that bullshit."

"Lennon!" Professor scowled. John ignored him and you could feel the heat of his anger just sitting there.

"You say you have a real solution, we'd all love to see the plan."

"John, it was just a projec—"

"You asked for a contribution, say you'll change the constitution."

"It's the institution, actually." Tom corrected.

"You better free your mind instead. But if you go around carrying pictures of Chairman Mao, you ain't gonna make it with anyone anyhow."

"Enough!" Professor yelled, and John finally sat down, his hand finding its way back to yours.

"John, don't you know it's going to be, alright?"

"Alright. Alright, alright, alright." John mocked, turning around to giggle with Pete.

___

literally what was that.
Also, don't skydive please. Its super dangerous, a kid I knew who was nineteen got into the worst possible accident and passed yesterday.

also, I fucking suck at parking.