Tell Me Why | George

[1964]
__

SCENE:
exhausted, you collapsed on the stiff couch in george's living room, half-anxiously awaiting his return from the studio.

[you went and traveled to paris for a month without telling him about it being that long because you were scared of how much he loved you; but now you were back and fearful of his reaction. when you left it was nothing but a bunch of heartache and tears, and you never expected to find yourself standing in the sterile flat again.]

you pulled at the metal string on the standing lamp, watching as it emitted three different colors onto the white walls of the flat, sighing in the stiff a/c.

__

the door opened and george came dropping in, whistling and carrying his bags, taking off his shoes before hanging up his eyes and slicking back his hair in the small mirror above the key ring.

his whistling died out as he turned and saw you with a nervous smile on your face, sitting up on the edge of the couch.

"y/n?" george squinted his eyes to look through the bright light from the lamp.

"y-yes." you answered tensely.

as you looked longer at him you remembered vividly your nights spent together, and tears swelled in your tired doe eyes. he walked over and sat down next to you on the couch, his reaction still frozen and unsure.

"tell me why ye cried and lied to me." he almost begged, grabbing your hands in his.

"well, george, i was just having a hard time—"

"well I gave ye everything I had, and ye left me sitting on my own." george scoffed and motioned a palm to his cold flat.

"well—"

"did ye have to treat me oh so bad? I mean all I did was hang my head and moan for a month!" his tone started to get aggressive and painful.

"i really am sorry. really george. i—" you shifted on the grey couch, still dressed in your coat, only your gloves taken off and set on the glass coffee table. you squeezed into him tighter but he let go and stood up, bringing a palm to his head, thinking.

"if-if it's something I have said or done, please just tell me what and I'll apologize!" you could tell he was now fighting to hold back protruding tears in his eyes, looking at you desperately, his youthful face beat, worn down, and red with boiling anger.

you stayed silent, thinking of the right thing to say that wouldn't make him shut the door on you.

"If ye don't I really cant go on." george looked behind his shoulder at you sitting down.

"nothing george. It was me. I promise i just didn't understand what love was, I was scared, George I'm so sorry." you threaded your fingers together, resting your elbows on your knees before flattening your hands in prayer and looking up at his white popcorn ceiling and standing up, leveling yourself with him.

yet he succumbed to you and fell on his bended knees, pleading with you.

"y/n, I'm such a mess without ye. I need ye. please please. Is there anything I can do?"

"you can start by standing up, love. this is all my bloody fault." you palmed your face and suddenly felt like a dead battery.

"I couldn't stand doing that," he sighed as he got up, crashing his head into your shoulder. "I'm so in love with you." He mumbled incoherently into your collarbone, kissing your soft, warm skin delicate, moving up to your neck.

"I love you too, georgie." you giggled, lonely tears still cascading down your crestfallen face, reaching to cup george's chin in your fingers so you could give him a proper kiss on the lips you had longed to kiss for four weeks.

"next time ye go to paris, i am going too." The two of you cracked a smile as he wrapped his arms around your waist, the two of you swaying in complete silence.

__

i really liked this happy ending🥺
okay I'm done now lol