Infiltrating Harmony Part 2

Most people will never understand the strange feeling of dragging a dead robot through a public area. I, however, had the luxury of getting to feel that special feeling on a weekly - on a good week daily - basis.

    I trudged through the farmers market, avoiding the eyes of the everyday, happy citizens who were just trying to buy a nice looking apple. Or a stick of celery. I had never been to a farmers market before.

    Eventually, after walking through the market for enough time to raise at least an eyebrow, I found what I was looking for... the family who had so graciously let me hijack their car.

    I hadn't brought them their car, but I thought it might be nice to tell them where it was.

    And so, I approached who I assumed was the father. I tapped him on the shoulder, and he turned around. Immediately, his eyes shot to my cargo, and his eyes widened in what I interpreted was horror.

    "I apologize for stealing your car, but I want you to know that today you did the world a great service," I said.

    The man's eyes did not leave the body of the vocation. "Mm-hmm," he managed.

    "Alright," I agreed. Pointing in the direction of where I had left the car, I said, "It's over there. It might still be on, so you probably will want to hurry."

    "Mm-hmm."

    I patted him on the chest, as if we'd been buddies for a long time. "You've got a good taste in music."

    And with that, I left my friend.

    I continued through the farmers market, looking for one thing in particular. As mentioned earlier, the Bounty Officers were an underground organization. By underground, I truly mean underground. I was looking for a sewer drain.

    After a couple of minutes of searching, I stumbled upon one. I knelt down, and took out my communicator.

    Communicators were sort of like cell phones, but they had a more functions. Bounty Officers used them to communicate with each other, to track bounties, and most importantly, to access headquarters.

    I placed the communicator face down on the sewer drain. It sunk into a compartment that appeared, a compartment that was exactly the size of the communicator. The sewer drain's grooves started to put on a light show, producing a purple light that zipped around the little inlets.

    After a couple seconds, the sewer drain happily barked, "Authorized," and the sewer drain slid out of the ground and moved to the side. It really was an impressive feat, one that the Bounty Officers had invented themselves. A high tech security system designed as something that people assumed their shit was floating under. Genius.

    I threw the vocation's body into the hole, and then slipped through myself. I fell for about three feet, before my boots entered the water that was at the bottom of the drop. It produced and disgusting squelch, and I cringed at the sound.

    My vocation buddy had found himself a comfortable position, consisting of him being face first in the water.

    A grinding sound alerted me to the fact that the sewer drain was closing, and suddenly I was blanketed in black. My communicator fell from above, and I caught it easily with an outstretched hand. After the drain closed, the slot you put your communicator in would open and then close, leaving enough time for the device to plummet safely into the hands of the Bounty Officer waiting in the shit water.

Pressing a button on my communicator, a purple light started to be emitted from my device, successfully illuminating all that was in front of me. It wasn't anything special, just a tunnel leading to the headquarters.