Infiltrating Harmony Part 13

This time, I sidestepped the charging vocation. It was a tight fit in the train  hallway, but I managed. I swung the pipe up, and caught the vocation in the gut. He stopped in mid-charge and collapsed, like a defeated beast.

    I walked over to the vocation and hovered the pipe over the back of his head. "Thanks for everything," I said, and raised the pipe. There was no struggle from the vocation as I brought it down with all my strength, the robot's head exploding and covering me in purplish-black oil.

    "Now wheres the other one?" I asked myself out loud, and looked around. I couldn't seem to find him, so I gripped my new found weapon tighter, and started towards the front of the train.

    Once I reached the door to the car that was just before the front on the train, I spotted the other vocation. He sat in the car, sipping what looked like orange juice, and looking out the window in a sort of pleasant daze.

    I slowly slid open the door, and his head shot over to look at me, standing there holding his friend's weapon, covered in his friend's blood.

    His eyes widened, and he tried to jump up, but I was too quick. Before he could get off of his ass, I brought the pipe down onto his head. Oil exploded all over the window of the train.

    I slid open the door and found the driver, sitting in his designated seat, looking at the land that was laid out in front of him.

    Ever since trains had been revolutionized, the conductors now sat at the front and simply steered the train, like a car. So, as we sailed over the countryside, he titled and untitled the wheel appropriately, bringing us to a destination that was unbeknownst to me.

    "Hello," I said, still looking at the back of his head.

    The man twirled the seat around. He was African American, and had a kind, welcoming smile. "Why hello there," replied the driver. "How can I help you?"

    "Where are we?"

    "We just went over Pennsylvania," he said. Just as I had suspected, I thought.

    "Is there a way that I could go back the other way?" I asked.

    He laughed. "Not unless you jump on a train that's going the other way!"

    "Okay, thank you so much," I said, and went to go find a way to the roof.

    "No! Wait! I was joking!" I heard him say as I exited the car.

    I entered one of the parts of the trains that are between cars, and started to clamber up to the roof of the train. This was going to be tricky... trains only passed each other every twenty minutes or so.

    However, to my luck, as I scaled the train, one started to pass going the other direction. I quickly reached the top, and looked down at the passing train.

    "Okay," I said. "Here goes nothing."

    I took a deep breath and then leaped towards the hurtling machine.

    Miss-judging the length of the jump, I started to fly over the top of the train, and saw the ground on the other side. But, with a little more luck, I was able to land on the top of the train, and hold on as I was slowly dragged by crushing forces towards the back.

    I let the wind drag me back to the drop that was between the cars, and I fell, slamming into the door to one of  them. With my back still to it, I slid it open, and fell into it backwards.

    "Holy shit!" I exclaimed, and looked around at the bewildered faces of the passengers who were headed towards Boston. I was on my way.

    Berlin sat facing the brick wall. After a couple of hours, she had started to feel herself become bored out of her mind. But she had to snap out of it, because she was going to be here for a while.

    Suddenly, a sound from her side alerted her to her companion, once again, who sat on the bench and sharpened something that was hidden within the palm of her hand.

    "What are you doing?" asked Berlin.

    "I chipped a piece of brick off of the wall," said Officer Wright. "You don't think we're just going to sit here, do you? We're breaking out."

    Berlin's eyes widened, and she stood up. "Cool! How can I help?"

    "When the time comes, you can distract the vocation. Most people don't know this, but there is a spot on the back of a vocation's neck that if you hit just right, they will deactivate. That's the plan."

    "Okay, sounds good," said Berlin.

    After a while of sharpening, Officer Wright looked up at Berlin, who leaned against the wall and stared at the floor.

    "It's time," said Officer Wright. "Get ready."

Officer Wright stood up for the first time after being put into the cell. She walked over to the metal door and stood in front of it, examining it, looking for a way to alert the guard on the other side.

    After deciding there was really only one way to do it, Wright started to slam both of her fists against the door, like a toddler who had just been sent to their room throwing a tantrum. The sound was deafening, and after a while of banging, the two women heard a lock slide open on the other side.

    Wright turned to give Berlin a thumbs up, and stood up against the wall, next to the door. When it swung open, she was concealed behind it.

    A vocation wearing a gray security guard uniform walked in, looking around confused. Berlin stood in the middle of the room, smiling at him innocently.

    "What was all that," he asked.

    "I'm really hungry," said Berlin.

    "Well, you can wait until dinner time." The vocation continued to survey the room.

    Suddenly, the door swung shut behind him, and Wright jumped out from behind it. She leaped onto the robot's back, armed with the sharpened piece of brick.

    "What the-" The vocation tried to say, but it didn't get to finish its thought. Wright jammed the shard into the part of the neck she had told Berlin about, and immediately the blue light in the vocation's eyes diminished. He fell, Wright still on his back, and slammed into the ground. Wright rolled off of his back, using the force of the fall to her advantage, and tumbled to her feet, her hands on her hips.

    "Woah," said Berlin, her mouth wide open.

    "Thanks," Officer Wright said. She crept towards the door, and upon reaching it pulled it gently. It swung open.

    She turned to Berlin, who still stood in the same place she had been at the beginning of the ordeal. "Let's get out of here," she said.