Infiltrating Harmony Part 4

I checked into a hotel room as soon as I left the headquarters. Nothing special, just somewhere where I could live while I was undercover.

The room was small, consisting of a room with a queen sized bed, and bathroom, and a window overlooking the cityscape of Boston. A TV hung from the wall in front of the bed, and a channel list gave me the impression that the hotel I was staying in was cheaper than it looked. As I picked up the list, a series of unrecognizable channels sat in front of my eyes.

I walked through the beige-painted room into the bathroom.Staring into the mirror, I noticed that my dark brown hair had somehow become more unruly than it was the last time I had looked at myself. My bright blue eyes were definitely my best feature, or so I had been told. They were almost too bright, sticking out of my head like a cartoon character.

I took a hot shower, and then crawled under the blanket of my new bed. It was extremely comfortable, and my head sunk into the soft pillow quickly. I don't remember falling asleep, but somewhere along the way I must have.

A knock at the door woke me up, and I sat bolt upright as soon as the knuckles rapped against the wooden door the first time. It was followed by two more raps.

I swung my legs off of the bed, and stretched for a second. "I'm coming!" I hollered at the door.

Noticing that my hangover had left, I smiled and rubbed my eyes as I walked towards the door. My hand reached for the door knob, but suddenly I stopped.

Who is this? I thought. I know it sounds silly, but it hadn't occurred to me in my semi-conscious state that the person at the door might be a member of Destruction. Perhaps an assassin, like from one of those James Bond movies I enjoyed so much.

"One minute!" I said, trying to find a weapon I could use in case the person on the other side truly was a member of Destruction.

I noticed a lamp sitting on the bedside table, and made a deal with myself that I would run and dive for it if there was an enemy behind the barrier.

Slowly, finally, I opened the door.

On the other side, stood a woman vocation. She wore a beige skirt, and a white button-up top. Her blonde hair was tied back in a ponytail, and her gray, metallic skin gleamed softly in the dim light that illuminated the hotel hallway. A suitcase sat in her hands, which were outstretched as if she was offering it to me.

"Mr. Chapman, I presume?" Stated the vocation.

"Yep," I said.

"May I come in?" She asked.

"Sure," I replied. "What's in the suitcase?"

"You'll see," the vocation answered as she pushed past me. She walked over to the bed, and placed the suitcase down gently, with grace.

After she placed the suitcase down, she simply left.

I walked over to the suitcase, wearily. The door being slammed by the woman vocation leaving made me jump, and I shook myself off a little bit. I was being ridiculous.

I flipped a lock up on the suitcase, and then the other. The suitcase swung open by itself, satisfyingly.

Inside were folded clothes. I let out a sigh of relief. On top of the clothes sat a note, which read: INTERVIEW TODAY AT 2 AT HARMONY HEADQUARTERS. WEAR THIS.

Carefully I started to take out the contents of the suitcase. The garments consisted of a white, button-up shirt, khakis, and golden rimmed glasses. I admired my new outfit, my hands on my hips. The Bounty Officers have obviously spared no expense on me. It made me feel valued.