Chapter 29

2 Hours Later

"Leo come on, it's just a little bit," Cason slurs.

"Cason fuck off,"

"Looks like alcohol makes Nolan more possessive," Aella giggles high pitched.

Nolan sticks his tongue out at them and stands up, picking up Leo with him. Leo squeaks but giggles too. It looks like everyone has had too much alcohol.

"Kadddddddaaaaaaa come onnnnnnn. You've barely had anything to driinkk." Dimitri slurs.

I shake my head and slightly smile.

"I'm good."

"Caroline, telllll Seb to telll Kadddda to drinkkk."

Caroline giggles and yawns.

"He already passed out."

"Looks like Jaxon did too."

Nolan sits on an armchair with Leo still in his lap and they start cuddling.

"Awww, look how adorable they are. Wish i had a mate"

"She's out there somewhere Cason" Caroline yawns again and slumps on Seb's unconscious body, resting her head on his chest.

"I have to go to the bathroom." I try getting up but Roman pulls me down.

"No baby, stayy. I wantt to beee with youuu."

He pushes me down on the couch and hovers over me, but I push him off before he can do anything else.

"I'll be right back. I promise."

He huffs but lets me go, and I try walking to the exit without hobbling too much from the pain still in my ribs.

I quickly walk up the stairs, going towards Roman's room. The lights are out and I can barely see my hand in front of my face.

"Fuck, where the hell are the ligh-?" Someone pushes me down on the ground so I land on all fours. I know exactly who it is and I try scrambling away but he grabs onto my legs, pulling me towards him. I cry out, but there's no way anyone can here me to floors below. He picks me up and slams me against the wall, covering my eyes with his hand and using his other to squeeze my throat.

"S-stop, I p-promise i didn't s-say a-anything, p-please,"

But he just squeezes harder. I struggle to get the air into my lungs.

I can't see anything with his hand over my eyes, and I doubt I would be able to because of the added darkness. Jaxon loosens a little so that I can breathe, but once I take enough air in my lungs to not pass out, he starts closing my throat again.

"I d-didn't t-tell Roman o-or an-anyone,"

He doesn't say anything but continues closing my throat, this time letting the dizziness take over. I start to feel light headed.

"S-stop, p-please s-stop." My voice becomes raspy and soft. "P-please J-jaxon" I whisper.

His hand releases me and I slump down to the ground, waiting for something. A kick, a punch, him to threaten me again. But what I get is..a hug?

"Kada, I'm so so sorry." this isn't Jaxon. The big arms engulf my frame in a warm embrace.

The lights suddenly turn on and it's not Jaxon kneeling in front of me. It's Cason.

"Cason?" I rasp out.

"Dammit Cason you hurt her too hard." I look to my right and gasp when I see all of my friends there, Roman amongst them.