Chapter 33

Continuation of last chapter

3 hours later.

"Guys please, I can't try anything else on..." I whine.

"Makada, it won't be that much longer, Aella and I already found our gowns so we're just looking for you!" Caroline says cheerfully.

"I didn't know you picked your gowns already." I grumble.

"Yeah I got the pastel pink and Aella got the black."

I huff and go through another boutique, hoping to find something suitable.

"What about this, this looks fine." I point at a red dress that has a high neck collar and an open back. There's a large slit on the side that goes up to the knee.

"A haha, no. This is a coronation ball, you don't have to be a nun but you have to have more fabric than that."

My cheeks burn a bright red and I move away from the dress.

"I didn't mean, uh. Well I-i was j-just...I didn't realize it was that skimpy."

The two girls laugh out loud and my cheeks burn brighter.

"Whatever, what about this one?" I point at a dark blue dress with long sleeves and a straight across chest line. The back was plain and very underwhelming.

"Ok but we aren't 60 either, maybe just leave it to us Kada." Aella giggles.

I keep gazing at the different colors and textures - Pastel, metallic, charcoal, and a lot more.

"AH HA! I think I found it guys!!" Aella yells.

We both rush over to see what she has in her hands, and my jaw drops.

It's a beautiful champagne color with brown tulle on top. It has one strap and multi-color flowers that start at the strap down below the waist. The top is tight and corset-like while the skirts puffs out and lastly, a slit that is right above the knee. It's perfect.

"It's really...pretty." I whisper.

The girls squeal in front of me and start dragging me towards the register, gabbling the whole way about how the boys are gonna pass out when they see us.

"Nails now?" Aella asks.

"Absolutely!" Caroline gushes back.

"Absolutely NOT." They both snap their heads to me. "We have been shopping for 3 ½ hours and i NEED FOOD!"

"Girl, I can tell." Aella snickers. "Alright food court, then nails? You'll be able to sit and relax, it'll be nice." I ponder it for a minute and finally give in. They lead me away and the rest of the afternoon flies past in a blur of nails, shoes, hair tops and even some new perfume before we finally walk out of the mall at 8pm.

***

Hey Guys! I know this was a short chapter but thanks for reading thus far and I hope you are enjoying.

Don't forget to comment and vote and if you enjoy this story so far, I already have big ideas for my next one so follow me for updates on that too!

Question: Do you prefer chapter updates? Or do you like one story posted all at once, done and done? Let me know in the comments!

Stay Lovely,

Georgiana