Chapter 42

Makada's POV

"Hello darling, ready to go?" He says sweetly

From my corner in the cell I pant heavily, trying to get the air into my lungs but also slowly, as to ease the pain from my broken ribs. It's been a week since I woke up the first time and since then I've been in and out of consciousness from all the beatings, silver chains, and twice I had 5 lashes on my back...with a whip. Because I haven't been able to talk to Hazel I've been healing at the rate of a human. They did come and bandage me up once or twice when I was losing too much blood, but my energy has gone down to nothing. Sometimes I wonder if Roman's even looking for me, or if he's just waiting for us to come to him. I haven't cried though, not once has a tear escaped me.

"I asked you a question." He growls, pulling me by my hair to the center of the room.

"Put silver chains on her." He orders.

"N-no..." I whimper. But the Scar man comes over to me and lifts me to my feet before bounding my wrists. A scream escapes my mouth as the silver burns my already swollen and raw skin, pain shooting from my wrists to the rest of my body like a poison.

"Come now dearest, we don't want your mate to wait." He spits, and they start dragging me out of the room and into the crisp fall morning air, the scent of autumn filling my nostrils.

In the cell they only gave me one meal a day - two slices of black bread and a glass of water, nothing else. I threw up several times and when there was nothing to throw up, I dry-heaved. But at last coming outside, it felt the freshest water was being served to me on a golden platter.

I snap out of my daze and quickly yet subtly look at every inch of my surroundings, hoping that in the unlikely event that I don't die, I can have an idea of where they're located.

"In the car, now." Fane pushes me inside a black SUV and as soon as he gets in and shuts the door he sticks a needle in my neck.

"Sweet dreams sweetheart..."

My world fades to black.

Roman's POV

I jolt awake from my brief sleep, looking around me at the papers and plans and maps.

"Another sleepless night," I mutter. I look at my right hand to see one of Makada's shirts, its use being a pillow, but the scent was fading and I was in need of a new one. I can still feel buzzing in my wrists and although I don't know what it is, I know Makada is feeling it 10 times worse. I was taking a medication to numb our connection slightly after Nolan insisted for the sake of the pack. It's been a week and every now and again I can feel a sharp pain in my back or in my ribs. I felt empty without her. Everyone was taking the disappearance of their Luna badly, but they used that for fighting and determination to get her back. A pack is nothing without their Luna.

Suddenly Nolan and Alpha Donovan burst through my office doors.

"Alpha, they're here." Nolan says gravely.

"Is she...?"

"We don't know for sure Roman but my scouters say they picked up a slightly familiar scent, it could be her." Donovan says.

"Well then," I try to suppress my raging beasts. "Let's kill the mother fuckers."

About two hours later we see the tip of the iceberg. A black SUV - but behind it? An army of about 600 beasts. Werewolves, vampires, warlocks or witches - I have no idea.

The door to the SUV opens and my pack stands tall and ready to kill at my signal. Next to me stands Alpha Donovan, his warriors standing behind him and to my other side is Nolan. Next to him stands Dimitri.The pregnant woman, elderly and children and unsuitable are in a bunker far from the battlefield being instructed by Caroline. (Both me and Sebastian agreed she needed to stay in the bunker.) My best generals, Aella and Cason stand behind me and the head of the armies. Long story short, the bastards are going to be torn apart.

The car door is opened, and Fane walks out. A round of growls courses through both Donovan and I's pack. He grins evilly before pulling a chain in his hand. At his tug, Makada falls out of the car and on the ground next to it. There's an uproar amongst the pack at seeing her chained in silver and beaten. My beasts start snarling, howling and growling at the sight of her being next to him. And then, another man comes out, my heart falls to the pit of my stomach as he walks out.

"Hello Roman." he says calmly.

I breathe heavily, anger and sadness bubbling up inside me.

"YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO BE HERE" I roar.

"Now now, don't you think you should treat your father with some respect?"

I growl lowly but then my gaze meets Makada's. She's scared.

"Oh! Did you perhaps forget to tell your mate who I am?" I plead with her with my eyes for forgiveness - I know she already knows what's coming.

"I was the one who started the Massacre of the Alphas - I killed all of them, one of my proudest moments." He grins to himself. He walks to Makada and grabs her chin with his hand, receiving a thunderous growl from all of us, but Fane points a gun at her head - silencing us.

"That's right dearest, I killed your family, your mother, your father, and your annoying brother. What was his name? Adryan?" I watch as her face pales and she tries to step away from Maxen, but he grabs her shoulders and keeps her in place.

"And your other brother, Sebastian was it? Pity, he could never save you..."

Sebastian roars next to me and starts running towards Makada, but Alpha Donovan and Nolan haul him back, making a human shield around him until he gets calm.

"The werewolves are a waste of space - commanding too much power and automatically being given lands we were never pondered for. The moon goddess showered you with gifts while we get nothing." He spits. "Time for that to change."

"That's it then? All of this to drive the werewolves to submission. And what would happen to these lands? You would rule them?"

"We would rule them, we're capable of making a great kingdom - without you mutts. Vampires will rule all of this oneday, and that day will be today."

Despite getting me really agitated, Maxen has succeeded in revealing the only things fighting us today are Vampires.

"Now, as for your Luna..." My heart pounds hard in my chest as our eyes meet again - I can see her hurt, sadness and anger.

"'Her death will be my formal declaration of war.." he puts a gun to her head, and it's as if I'm watching everything in slow motion - she squeezes her eyes shut and I can see his hand on the trigger, the pack stands back in horror, waiting for me to give an order.