Chapter 38

Makada's POV

"I'm going to ask you one more time, you fucked up prick. Why did you hurt her?"

Roman nods at Nolan and Nolan steps forward with a taser, putting it in Jaxon's neck until he's screaming. Dimitri and his warriors found Jaxon soon after they realized he was gone. He hadn't gone far and so it was easy to track him down, knock him out, and bring him here. To the red room.

"I swear to god, I don't know what you're talking about," he sobs, shaking in his seat.

Roman shakes his head, annoyed.

"R-roman please, stop I-i didn't do anything. W-we grew up together, why are you doing this?" Jaxon sobs violently, but Roman just stares emotionless.

I walk towards him hesitantly, pulling away from Roman's arm when he holds me back. Jaxon doesn't even lift his head as I go to my knees in front of him.

"Jaxon." I say gently. He looks up at me, his eyes...sad. In pain.

"Jaxon, what's my name?"

He looks at me for a long time, at my features but eventually he just shakes his head.

"I-i don't know."

"Bullshit." Nolan mutters behind me but I ignore him.

"When you first came here with Roman, Roman said that you had just come back from a different country. Do you know which one?" I say gently. I honestly don't know why I'm being so nice to him, but something about what Dimitri said to me when I first got here. I can tell just in your features that you're not guilty.

Jaxon shuts his eyes and thinks for a long time.

"I-i was on a pack tour, going from pack to pack and renewing our alliances. I-i was in Brazil and my next destination was N-new Zealand..."

"And what happened?"

His breathing picks up.

"My troop and I, w-we were about to leave Brazil. I was in my car when I-i was a-attacked." He whispers.

"And?"

His eyes meet mine.

"The last thing I remember i-is red eyes, and a v-voice. It told me to do things, and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't resist, l-like i-it was... controlling me."

The room goes quiet as we all try to process what he's said.

After a moment I feel someone roughly pull me up from my knees. I look up at Roman but his eyes are hard and his face emotionless.

I try to wiggle out of his grip but he glares at me and starts dragging me out, Nolan following behind. Once we're out I finally get out of his grip.

"Roman, stop. We have to talk to him! I don't think he remembe-"

"Why do you even care?? He HURT you!"

"If he really is innocent, then he doesn't deserve my hatred. Obviously something happened, I mean, something was controlling him. Someone wanted him to hurt me for a reason, I just can't think-"

I'm cut off by a loud growl and I look at Roman to see his eyes black and his fists clenched. I look at Nolan to see an understanding look on his face.

His beasts are angry at the thought of someone hurting you

I hear in my head. I look at Nolan knowing he's the one that mindlinked me and I sigh. I understand that Roman is protective but it will be impossible to understand what is actually going on if he is constantly shutting me out, even if it is to "protect" me. I know that he has taken care of things and dealt with rogues and carried out the more gruesome duties of an alpha behind my back, but I'm strong. He doesn't understand that I can handle things and that we can work together, as mates, and as Alpha and Luna.