Chapter 32

(Alpha James ^^^^)

Roman's POV

"Sir, aside from the attacks on the north, the people have been suspicious about the delay of the coronation. It's been weeks since you found your Luna and you still haven't formally introduced her. And I hear the Alpha female has found her mate as well?" My advisor, Logan says.

I run my hands through my hair.

"I do not believe she is ready yet." I say gruffly.

"She'll never be ready, no one is ever fully ready." A familiar voice says, drawing my attention towards the door.

"Step-Father." I get up from my seat and walk over to the aged man, offering my hand. However he only glances at it before pushing it away and embracing me.

"It's been too long son," He pulls away and looks over my features. "I couldn't be prouder of how you have run our pack." The man has salt and pepper hair that is cut sharply in a modern style. He has quite a growing beard and mustache to compliment. He where's a light gray suit and a casual checkered shirt, the first few buttons unbuttoned giving him an approachable look. The wrinkles on his skin seemed to grace his features too early, brought upon him from the stress of his earlier position as Alpha of the strongest pack in North America. However, the density of the wrinkles increase around his eyes, showing that this man smiles often.

"Your mother and I thought you would've introduced us to your mate by now, and then she got a bit too impatient and sent me down here to tell you to give her a date of the coronation." He chuckles warmly.

"She misses you child, and Caroline. We both do." He sits down in front of my desk, crossing his legs. Instead of taking my position behind the desk however, I move to the chair beside his, showing my respect for the previous Alpha.

"I have been meaning to Step father, but she's been through a lot recently. The rogue attacks are becoming more frequent and the rogues are coming together in numbers. Makada was attacked recently and we just found out because she was being black mailed and then Nolan found his 2nd chance mate, and -"

"Son, you're rambling. I know you're stressed, but remember that the pack comes first. If you have to postpone the coronation, then postpone it."

I sigh and run my hands through my hair.

"Sir, Fane came back."

The old man's features darken considerably.

"He attacked my mate, and then he had the nerve to insult Aella." I grit my teeth together, the thought of my brother touching Makada making my beasts and I rage.

"When did this happen?"

"A few weeks ago, he's still in the Red Room."

"The guards, what about the guards are they inside the cell?"

"No sir, I made sure to keep them posted just outside of the room, he won't be able to trick them."

The man nods and sits back in his chair, rubbing his beard while gazing in a different direction.

"That poor child, the expectations of the people ate him up from the inside." He mumbles.

"Forgive me stepfather but he has always been the one cause of his demise. He never cared a shit about me or Caroline." I stand up from my chair and start pacing across the large window in my office, pausing though when I see Makada outside, teaching some pups to fight alongside Cason. My heart swells and my beasts purr in my mind, telling me to run down there as fast as I can and scoop her up into my arms, keeping her for myself.