⌜ intro ⌟

first man ❤️ luwoo

playing quietly by the sand box, a five-year-old jungwoo took tiny flags with the colors of the rainbow and placed them up to his sand castle with a bright smile. it wasn't that great like those big sand castles he'd see in videos but he was quite proud of what he made.

but it just to be destroyed by a group of kids who had nothing to do.

ah, what is this?❞ chuckling, the tallest of them went to get the top flag, which had the color of an apple, and threw it away. ❝this is all you can do?

jungwoo stumbled back as he had his eyes widened in devastation while watching the sand castle he had worked hard to build being destroyed by a group of kids. he couldn't do anything as he was only small, he does have his little fists clenched while looking up at them. tears fell down from his eyes and standing up from his place, jungwoo was about to fight back but was stopped by someone who rushed in front of him and pushed the tallest one in the group.

don't you have anything better to do!?❞ the boy that came to be jungwoo's knight in shining armor said, protecting the little boy behind his back.

how dare you—

jungwoo stood there in awe as he could only see the boy's back facing at him but he could already guess how cool he is for coming up to protect him. ❝lay a hand on him, nor me, and me will..❞ the boy glared the group and had that sly smirk on his face, making them think that what he was about to say was very fright-worthy. ❝call mom.

the group stood there until the tallest of them let out a chuckle. the chuckle then turned to a laughter and now every one them are starting to make fun of the boy. ❝oh look, he's going to call his mom.

i no hesitate.❞ the boy still stood there while having jungwoo behind him.

us too—

"mom! these kids are bullying me! they are now hurting me, look!" shouting in a language they did not understand, the boy looked at the group with a proud smile. ❝what?

the tallest, who only had the guts to talk, clicked his tongue. he was about to hurt the boy but he saw a woman by the bench, that's provided by the playground they were in, turning her head around. scared to get in trouble, the tallest of them then aborted their motive and only spared the two a glance before telling his friends to walk away with him.

the boy stuck his tongue out and shooed them away with his hand.

"yukhei, what are you doing?"

turning his head around to his mother, the boy, that was named as yukhei, shook his head and pointed the little boy beside him with a bright smile. "mom, i made a friend!"

jungwoo blinked at the boy that's speaking in a language he couldn't understand, still finding him awesome nonetheless. finally finishing his conversation with his mother, the boy happily turned to jungwoo and startled him with his hand that he reached out for a handshake.

us friends, right?❞ yukhei said, patiently waiting for the little boy to shake his hand. ❝me yukhei, you who?

still scared from a while ago, jungwoo couldn't seem to say a word. although, he was thankful for this knight in shining armor that he didn't ask at all.

tilting his head to the side, yukhei furrowed his brows at the little boy who's quiet. ❝you no speak?❞ he asked. ❝a, e, i, o, u?

snapping back to his senses, jungwoo quickly brought his hand up and took the boy's hand. they had shaken hands for a good minute and yukhei wasn't finding it awkward at all. but poor jungwoo, his hand was being shaken aggressively by the boy.

name?

the little boy just stood there, staring at his knight in shining armor, suddenly forgetting how to speak.

describe,❞ yukhei now started to make hand gestures in hopes for the little boy to understand. ❝name.

by now, he almost looked like he was doing a freestyle dance with just the incoherent noise he's making as the beat.

seeing that the little boy stood there being clueless, yukhei took this chance to find a stick since they were at the sand box so maybe the little boy could write his name. but just before he could leave him, the little boy suddenly spoke. ❝j-jungwoo.

yukhei beamed in joy, leaning dangerously close to the little boy. ❝you talk!

of course he can talk, he's just shy.

we now friends!❞ yukhei declared on his own, not even asking jungwoo if they were.

but honestly, it didn't mind the little boy at all. he even had a small smile on his face as he watched yukhei bring his fist up in the air and punching it.

wong yukhei
kim jungwoo

c h o g i w a n e s e

🃏 do i miss them? so much

🃏 do i miss them? so much. is this a short story? yes. is this going to be sad? i don't know

⎯⎯  s t a r t⎯⎯
2020