⌜ special chapter ⌟

crouching down, yukhei gave the little boy a small smile while ruffling his hair. ❝chenle, don't go far, alright?

his mother's friend came to pay a visit from china and since the two ladies were planning on having a date of their own, together with his bestfriend's mother, yukhei was stuck with babysitting the mother's son. fortunately for them, it was his day off. he was supposedly going to spend this day with jungwoo. well, not like he still can't see him. the two of them still can hang out together but with the little boy tagging along with them.

it just so happens that jungwoo was taking his time in the world to prepare that yukhei had no choice but to bring the little boy to a playground to wait for his bestfriend in the meantime.

and not to mention that it's also the playground where he and jungwoo first met. that very day when yukhei saved him from the kids who dared mess with his sandcastle.

hugging the bucket filled with plastic garden tools, like shovel and also some cups, the little boy looked up at the older male. "ge, where are you going?"

the man then mentally face palmed, just remembering that the kids doesn't speak korean that well yet. what did he expect? he just arrived from china. "yukhei ge will just sit there, okay? i'll call you if we'll get going." he reassured him with a smile. "now, you go and play by that sandbox over there."

the little boy followed as to where the older man was pointing at and then nodded his head cutely, making yukhei coo from his place. he then ruffled the kid's hair one more time before watching him walking away to a sandbox that brought so many memories.

standing for a good minute, yukhei can only smile at how the memories are still fresh from his head. he couldn't help but laugh at how broken his korean was back then and how he probably scared the heck out of jungwoo when he declared that the two of them are friends.

i can't believe i pulled the mom card.❞ he shook his head with a giggle while making his way to the nearest bench where he could see the little boy playing alone but happily by the sandbox. ❝at least it worked.

his phone then vibrated inside his pocket and thinking that it was his married bestfriend, he quickly fumbled his hand to get the device out. receiving a message from him, the smile on yukhei's face turned to a bored frown as he saw jungwoo telling him that he fell asleep but he is now getting himself ready to go out.

but of course, he can't ever get mad at his bestfriend. yukhei then laughed it off before sending him a message telling jungwoo that they are just hanging out at the playground.

raising his head back up from looking down at his phone, yukhei's eyes then widened as he saw the little boy being gathered around by other kids that are an inch taller than him. ❝chenle!