Chapter thirty-two

Y/n pov

Obi-wan came rushing in he said serious," Anakin, Rex, prepare all forces. We're jumping to hyperspace immediately." Rex replied quickly," Yes sir. Men, with me." The line of clones dispurst a clone says in the background," Watch it! Watch it!" Another clone says," You heard him, lads!" Another clone yelled," Let's go!" Anakin says excited and hopeful to Obi-wan," So the attack on Mandalore was approved?" Obi-wan replied crossing his arms over his chest," No, it's Coruscant. Grevious is attacking the capital."

Anakin asked concerned," What about the Chancellor?" Obi-wan answered concern in his voice," Shaak ti has been sent to protect him, but Master Windu has lost contact with her." Worry is all over Anakin's face Obi-wan said to try and comfort him," Not to worry. Our fleet can be there within the hour." Ahsoka said getting their attention displeased," So that's it? You're going to abandon Bo-Katan and her people?" Ahsoka crossed her arms over her chest looking to each of them.

Obi-wan said trying to get her to understand," Ahsoka, you have to understand that this is a pivotal moment in the Clone Wars. The heart of the Republic is under attack." Ahsoka responded a growl her voice disappointed," I understand that, as usual, your playing politics. This is why the people have lost faith in the Jedi. I had too, until I was reminded of what the Order means to people who truly need us." Obi-wan responses," Right now, the people on Coruscant need us."

I say annoyed," No. The Chancellor needs you." Obi-wan retorts," That's not fair." Ahsoka says annoyed," We're not trying to be." Anakin started throwing out ideas to helps out until one final worked. Obi-wan said leaving," May the Force be with you." Obi-wan said one last thing before he left," Oh, one last other thing: I killed Maul once. Best to capture him. He doesn't seem to stay dead." Obi-wan left the door closing behind him as he left. Ahsoka said to Anakin appreciative," Thanks for the support. As always."

Anakin said happy facing her," That's what friends are for." Ahsoka gave him a happy smile Anakin said calmly," If you're gonna be facing Maul, you'll need these." Anakin held out the small wooden box to her again. Ahsoka looks to box then Anakin he nods encouraging her open it. She slowly opens the box to show two lightsabers. Ahsoka looks at him shocked before happily taking them out of the box.

Ahsoka looks at each of them Anakin said pleased," I took care of them. They're good as new. She ignites them seeing blue blades instead of green. She gave him a look with a small smile. Anakin added nonchalantly crossing his arms," Maybe a little better." Ahsoka rolled her eyes before moving them around a bit. Anakin said relaxed," You guys will catch Maul. I'll take care of Grevious. With any luck, this will all be over soon."

Ahsoka teased Anakin saying as she put her lightsabers away," Master Kenobi said that there is no such thing as luck." Anakin replys calmly," Good thing I taught you otherwise." I said to Anakin," If you don't mind Skywalker. Just like we're catching Maul can you try catching Grevious instead of killing him?" Anakin stared into my eyes he said honestly," We'll see." Before he could walk out Ahsoka wished him good luck. Anakin in return gave her a smile before leaving going to go save the Sith Lord, um I mean the Chancellor.

~

We soon arrive at Mandalore with everyone ready for a fight. Rex's comlink beeped Rex raises his arm looking to it. The pilot said calmly," Commander, I have Prime Minister Almec of Mandalore on the com." Rex responds serious," Put him through." We all move a bit a hologram of Almec came up he said irrated," What is the meaning of this invasion? The Republic presence here is a direct violation of our treaty." Bo-Katan said threatening Almec pointing at him," Your time has come, Almec. We know you're Maul's puppet, and we are coming for him."

Almec replies unfazed by her threat," Ah-ha! Mistress Bo-Katan the traitor. I should have known you were behind this incursion. Siding with the Republic will make you a enemy in the eyes of the people." Bo-Katan retorts determined," I'm fine this that." The hologram disappears as Bo-Katan turns away from it. Ahsoka said in interest," You're nothing like your sister." Bo-Katan glances at her but doesn't get a reply.

Soon enough the sky travel became dicey on ships so jetpacks were being used. Ahsoka and Rex have fun making it a game to see who can get to the ground first as I sigh going before them. Between the two Ahsoka won by a long shot before Rex soon arrived. Ahsoka said teasing him," Beat you." Rex responds exasperated," Some things never change." I said excited," Come on guys! We're missing out on the action." We continue getting inside the city gaining ground little by little.

We meet up with Bo-Katan on a building Rex said landing behind Ahsoka with two other clones," No sign of Maul yet." Bo-Katan said concerned," We can't sustain a long siege. I'll head to the throne room and deal with Almec. You must find Maul." Bo-Katan and two Mandalorians fly away I said watching them leave," Great." Ahsoka said to Rex," I want you to support Ursa at the docks. We must ensure Maul doesn't escape." Rex said not fully confident," If he's here. If he's not, then all of this will plays right into his hands."

Suddenly beeping is heard Rex lifts his arm a clone says serious," Commander Rex, this is CT-0292. I think we have something. I said calmly," We'll be right there, Captain." We all quickly leave heading to where it came from arriving by lift. We reach ground safely coming off to a sewer drain with clones near it. Captain Vaughn explained to us what happened involving Gar Sacson. Vaughn explained a little bit about the sewer pipes. Ahsoka asks curious," Do they lead outside the city?" Vaughn answered bluntly," Unknown, sir."

After a long pause Ahsoka said leading the way," Let's move in." I walked with Ahsoka as the clones play follow the leader following along. We quietly walk along the way unaware of the dangerous trap ready to spring any second. That's when they struck shooting a missile. Ahsoka fell from the explosion after moving the missile away from hitting us. The clones stupidly just ran in I yell after them," Hey wait!" Ahsoka yelled after Vaughn we quickly run after them following the trail of corpses.

We soon reach an intersection talking with Vaughn before he dies. Ahsoka and I stand back to back lightsabers drawn as Mandalore soldiers showing up at each one pipe, except one. Loud metallic footsteps could be heard coming this way from the last pipe not with two Mandalorians waiting to attack. We wait in anticipation as a familiar voice said calm yet annoyed," I was hoping for, Kenobi." Maul came into view staring down at Ahsoka he asked curious saying slowly serious," Why are you here?"