Chapter thirty- three

Y/n pov

Maul said slowly curious," Ahsoka... Tano is it? I can't say your is a name familiar to me." Maul came down the steps Ahsoka responds ready to defend herself," Well. I know you." Maul slowly began to circle us he said relaxed," Yes, I imagine we have several mutual friends." Ahsoka retorts," I wouldn't put it that way." Maul says in return," Of course not. But I am afraid your way of thinking is behind the times." After a second he continues," I was certain that Kenobi would come here himself. Perhaps bring his loyal foal. Skywalker, is it?"

Ahsoka replies are not answering his question," Master Kenobi had a more important engagement." Maul says intrigued," Indeed. I wonder... the moment may be upon us." I could tell Ahsoka is confused, but I knew all too well what he was talking about. Maul had stopped he asked looking to Ahsoka," Why you? Why did Kenobi send you?"

Ahsoka answers stern as he continues his circle," Why don't you surrender, and then we can go both ask him." Maul scoffs amused he says," My surrendering, well, that would be pointless. For if I am correct soon the Jedi and Republic will not be the controlling interest in the Galaxy." Ahsoka responds oblivious," And who will be? You?" Maul responds giving her a little clarity," No. Darth... Sidious." Maul had gasped, but was able to finish.

Suddenly blaster fire is heard the fight began Maul attacks Ahsoka escaping using Rex to hit Ahsoka stopping her. I ran after him chasing after him in tunnel. Maul opens a secret hatch as his followers went in first escaping. Maul looks to me he motions me to follow I nod running in as Maul closes the hatch and continues walking. Maul asks as we walk," Why isn't Kenobi here?" I answer annoyed," Grevious struck the Capital and the "Chancellor" needed them." Maul responds in thought," I see."

I ask curious looking to him," What's the plan now?" Maul responds calmly," We will have to improvise a new plan. Tell me about this Ahsoka Tano." I answer looking forward," She is the Padawan of Anakin Skywalker. If you want to know more in detail. Look for Commander Rex or a Clone named Jesse they know her well." Maul nods in understanding he said calmly," When the time is right to join me I will signal you, or you will know." I reply in understanding," Alright."

Maul stops as I stop Maul says pointing to the left tunnel in the intersection," Take that tunnel and you should be on the right track." I obediently take that tunnel back to Ahsoka, Bo-Katan, and Rex. A clone takes me to the Throne room where they are all planning with the hollowgram of Obi-wan Kenobi. They all look Ahsoka asked relief in her voice," Are you alright? We were worried you were captured." I respond nonchalantly," I'm fine. I chased them for a bit, but I lost them."

I walk over joining the circle around a hollowgram map projected by a yellow and white astromech. Bo-Katan said to Ahsoka," There are a small number of firefights still happening in sector 11. But for the most part, your clones have been as effective as promised. Still, without Maul in custody, this could all fall apart quickly. We must capture him before he escapes." Ahsoka comments serious," He mentioned a name. Darth Sidious." Obi-wan remains silent Bo-Katan asked Obi-wan curious," Who is Sidious?

Obi-wan answered honestly," I do not know, but I will share with you what the Council suspects." After another pause Rex turns off the hollowgram and the droid calmly leaves. Obi-wan said suprising me," Darth Sidious is the Sith Lord who orchestrated the Clone Wars and played both sides of it from the beginning. I first learned the name from Count Dooku, though any chance of learning about Sidious from Dooku has been lost."

Ahsoka asked confused," Why?" Obi-wan answered bitterly," Because Count Dooku is dead. Anakin killed him while rescuing the Chancellor." I thought in panic,' Oh no. Sidious has already started at getting to Anakin.' Obi-wan continued," With Dooku gone, we've lost a vital link to understanding the mystery to Darth Sidious. If you can capture Maul, he may be able to provide the missing peice." Ahsoka said determined," Then send me more men."

Obi-wan said regretfully," Unfortunately, I cannot. I'm being sent to hunt down General Grevious on Utapau." I said serious," I know how he'll back down and help you." Obi-wan asked suspicious raising a eyebrow," How?" I said determined," First, you have to get him away from all the Sith anything before you say this or he'll ignore it." Obi-wan nods in understanding I said calmly," Tell him that Y/n says it's time to switch gear. Sidious was sending you to your death like Dooku."

I pause before finishing," He will back off, I promise." There is a long pause before Obi-wan sighs he said calmly," Alright. I'll see what I can do." I sigh relieved Ahsoka asks Obi-wan getting our attention," What about Anakin? Maybe he can reinforce us." A grim expression passes on his face before Obi-wan said," May I speak to Ahsoka alone for a moment." We all leave I pat Ahsoka on the shoulder leaving a device to listen in on them.

What I found out would make things even more difficult than it already was. I groan annoyed I thought unhappy,' The Jedi just love making it easy for the Sith to corrupt and kill them don't they.' I suddenly get contacted by Maul he asks when I answer," How are things on your end?" I answer annoyed," We don't have much time. If we act quickly we can stop Sidious. Having Ahsoka on our side will help, so don't say anything about killing Anakin. Or she'll refuse and fight back."

Maul nods in thought he said calmly," I'll begin the next part of the plan. Be ready for the moment to come." I nod then end transmission getting out of my hiding spot from everyone acting natural. That's when booms could be heard sending everyone into a frenzy. Ahsoka and Rex come to me explaining to me what's going on. We go down towards the tunnels where dead clones are everywhere.

A clone said walking to Ahsoka, Rex, and me," We got ambushed on our way to reinforce C-deck." Ahsoka said to Rex calm," Rex, go make sure C-deck is properly fortified." Rex responds giving her a nod," Yes ma'am." He walks away from us getting to work with the other clone. Ahsoka walks over to the alive clone on the ground held up by another clone.

The clone coughs in pain before calling out to Ahsoka," Commander." Ahsoka said trying to get him to relax," I'm here, Trooper. Sterling, isn't it?" The clone holding Sterling left while he sat up on his own. Ahsoka kneels down to be at his level while I stay standing. Sterling pants out," Yes. You need to know. Maul he-" Sterling coughs in pain then slowly continues," he went right though us one by one. He was asking about you." He coughs getting worse, then he explains about Maul taking Jesse alive. Ahsoka looks to the tunnel in thought, while I thought pleased,' I guess it's going well, for now.'