03 ' 100% Clean

The school bell signals the end of her last class, reminding her she was two hours away from her first 'date' with Sakusa. She hangs her bag on her shoulder and bids her friends good bye, "See you on Monday," she says before heading out.

"See you, don't forget the receipts," Yume reminded and chuckled.

It's another typical meeting for the school newspaper, with her seniors leading the pitch. She greets everyone as she enter and sits near her fellow second-years. "Hey, is your article ready?" she asks.

"Not yet. The deadline's tomorrow, right? Then printing on Sunday, then distribution on Monday?" her friend answers.

"Yup yup, just asking."

She spends the next two hours of club time listening and nodding to her seniors, unexpectedly a little too distracted to make suggestions. She's doodling on her notes, Sakusa Emi, her name with his last name. Sakusa~ Kiyoomi~ Omi omi omi.

"Amari-san, any suggestions for the interview? Who should we interview?" the president, Sou, asks.

She lifts her head, panicked, and blurts out her answer. "Sakusa?"

"Are you sure about that?" Mimi, her second-year friend, confirms. "He isn't really, you know, exactly friendly."

"Y-yes!" she exclaims. No turning back now. "I'll do my best to convince him," she even promises.

"Wow, very ambitious, Amari-san. Good luck," Sou tells her. "Alright, I think it's already time but do you mind extending this meeting for 15 minutes?" he requests. "We started late."

"It's okay," the others answer.

"Thank you. We just need to discuss the central theme for the feature part," he adds.

At the end of the meeting, Amari looks at the time and hurries in organizing her belongings. She dumps her writing materials and notebook on her bag and zips it carelessly. "See you around, Mimi, bye bye," she says and walks out of the door.

She steps outside to go to the gym, only to see already waiting outside the room, leaning against a wall. "Sakusa-san?" she calls him, delight written all over her face. "You were waiting for me?" she confirms and approaches.

"No," he denies and looks at her in the eye. "I'm starving," he complains and begins to walk to the school exit.

"Yes, yes, let's eat, Sakusa-san," she says with a cheerful nod, walking alongside. "I know a restaurant that serves the best teriyaki dishes. Do you like teriyaki?" she adds.

"As long as the place is clean and maintained, then let's just go," he answers.

"Ah, right."

Silence takes over once again and Amari couldn't help but stare at his hand just idling on his side. Back in middle school, after finding out that he was a germaphobe, she has always respected his space. She has to admit though, she wanted to hold him, even just for a short time.

Her hand touches his for a moment seemingly by accident but he immediately flinches, guessing her motives. He looks at her, annoyance building up as usual.

"Ah, right," she repeats and fishes out her hand sanitizer from her bag, but pauses. "Can you wait for me?" she requests upon seeing the girls' toilet nearby.

"Just go," he sighs and walks to the side to wait for her. She goes to the toilet and washes her hands, aware that he'd never let her touch him otherwise. As she finished, she grabs a tissue to open the door and throws it away on the can outside.

"Let's go, Sakusa-san," she tells him, now quite confident she could finally hold his hand.

He nods and sighs before resuming their walk. He lets her lead the way since having dinner is her idea anyway.

"How was practice?" she asks while gathering the courage to touch him. It's such a big deal for her because if he did permits her, it would be a feat.

"It was okay," he answers, cold and direct to the point.

"I see," she mumbles and does another attempt on touching him.

As her hand makes contact with his, Sakusa looks at her again, appearing a bit irritated. "S-sorry," she mutters and puts away her hand, placing it on her skirt pocket. She looks away from him, too embarrassed.

"Geez," he groans and pulls her hand out from her pocket to hold it. His smooth fingers intertwine with hers, making the embarrassed girl even more flustered.

"You washed your hands already, didn't you?" he confirms.

"Y-yes! Absolutely! 100% clean" she blurts out loudly.

"Good, I would have flinched again if you didn't," he tells her, making her tighten her hold.

"It's 100%, I tell you, 100% clean," she guarantees, brows furrowing.

She leads the way to her favorite teriyaki restaurant and they pass through a few crowded areas. Sakusa loathes crowds and the more people there were in the sidewalks, the more he leaned in closer to her. He hates PDA, that's for sure, but he hates strangers bumping to him even more.

"Sakusa-san, I didn't know you were so touchy," she tells him with a smile, it wasn't even an attempt to tease.

"Oh shut up. Why would I ever be touchy with you?" he groans, ironically still holding her hand.

"That's okay, I still like you, Sakusa-san," she responds to him, the corners of her lips curving upwards. Her bubbliness is an iron wall to his snide remarks, she remained unfazed.

Sakusa has never been more thankful to his mask as it hid the red subtle shade appearing on his cheeks. With his brows knitting together, he averted his gaze somewhere else, attempting to put her away from his line of sight.