afterstory (2/4)

inspired by this tweet!!

https://twitter.com/bigareolavibes/status/1305748523124629505?s=19

Sakusa Emi. She loved saying every syllable of it every time she introduced herself. Pure music to her ears. Immediately after signing the marriage papers, Emi changed her name in all her social media accounts from Amari Emi to Sakusa Emi.

And speaking of social media accounts, as a news anchor, Emi has always been active online. From sharing memes (of Sakusa, mostly) to actually sharing news, Emi's twitter account is a big mess, especially compared to her husband's, which only contained tweets about him (and occasionally, about her too. Just occasionally).

Kiyoomi barely opened his social media accounts but when he does, it's to search for hints from hers. Whenever her birthday or Valentine's Day was near, she'd always retweet gifts she liked. Chocolates, handwritten letters, stuffed toys. Kiyoomi never had a difficult time deciding on her gifts. She always (indirectly) said it anyway.

So, when Emi retweeted a cheesy tiktok about a husband spoiling his wife, it immediately registered to Kiyoomi as a hint. So that's what she wanted. No gifts this time, just quality time together.

"Emi, let's go to the mall. I readied the car for you," he told her as she busied herself watching a TV show.

"What?" she asked, seriously doubting her ears.

"Mall. Let's go to the mall," he repeated himself for her. His deadpan tone remained but he was trying not to sound like that for once.

"Why? Do you need me to buy something? Oh, wait, did you run out of masks? I swear I bought a box just last week," she said and lowered the volume of the TV. Emi glanced at him, a little worried even.

"No, I still have a spare box for masks."

"Then, do you need something else, Omi?"

"I'm just inviting you to go to the mall with me," he clarified. He didn't know it'd be this hard to persuade her. He didn't think he'd even need to persuade her.

"You have training work though? With the Black Jackals?"

"I freed my schedule."

"Oh."

"Then let's go get your favorite gelato, or yogurt. You never decide which one you like more," he added.

"Oh?"

"Or you can have both."

"Is this a prank?" she chuckles, "Is this really you, Omi? You hate that place. It's always bustling with people."

"Or we can take those weird Purikura you like so much."

"Wo- Wow." It makes her stand up from her seat and she faced him, shocked and confused.

"So, are we going or not?" he asks, back to his deadpan tone.

"For, for real? Omi?" she confirmed.

"Yes, Emi. I don't do pranks."

"Yeah, sure, of, of course!" she exclaimed, quickly dashing to him for an embrace. He expected her to be surprised, but not this overjoyed. He returned the hug, patting her back as well.

"I can't wait, oh my gosh. It's been weeks since we last went out."

"I know, I know."

"I'll go get changed. You don't want me to go out with you in my pajamas, do you?" she chuckled, then looked at him.

"Honestly, Emi, I don't really care."

"Classic Omi," she laughed. "I love you, Omi. I really love you."

"I love you too. Even if you're so cheesy," he sighed.

Emi rushed to their room to get changed right after, despite still being in disbelief. She wasn't complaining, obviously, but it was strange. The good kind of strange.

"Omi, bear with my bare face today, alright?" she announced from their room. She was too lazy to put on makeup.

"I told you, I don't really care," he answered, "I mean, it doesn't matter to me," he clarified, avoiding a possible misunderstanding.

"Yeah, okay!"

With her favorite summer dress on, and with her hair up in a slick ponytail, Emi was soon ready to go. "How do I look?" she asked as soon as she stepped out of their room.

"The same question every time we go out," he mumbled.

"Yeah, of course, what do you think?"

"The same answer every time we go out too, Emi."

"Come on, say it at least," she chuckled then nudged him.

"You look beautiful, Emi," he admitted before planting a kiss on her cheek.

"And you're charming as ever, Omi."