05 ' I have feelings too, Sakusa-san

It has been a week since Sakusa and Amari started dating yet holding hands is the only progress they have. They rarely even go home together, much less eat out.

"So, what's up?" Yume asks as they walk on the hallway to the classroom. "You've been doing that weird face for half an hour," she teases.

"What a weird pout," Jiro says and chuckles.

"Nothing," Amari answers, her head shaking left and right.

"Come on, spill it. What's up?" Yume repeats her question, knowing how bad Amari is with expressing frustration.

"We won't make fun of you, kinda," Jiro says, just before Yume gives him a forceful nudge.

"What does it mean if he doesn't hold your hand, doesn't take you home, doesn't message you good morning and good night?" Amari spills out her thoughts.

"Damn you're going to be single forever," Jiro answers. "You don't know what that means?"

"He's falling out of love!" Yume dramatically exclaims, putting a fist on her chest.

"W-what?"

"Or worse, he might have found someone new," Jiro clicks his tongue and shakes his head, furthering her worries. "A hotter, younger, cool girl."

"Oh, is that a movie reference?" Yume whispers, "I totally got it." Jiro smiles at her and nods in approval.

"No way!" Amari protests.

"Anyway, is this about Sakusa? We've seen you together but are you really going out?" Jiro asks and looks at Amari, quite serious now.

"Yes, but I can't get myself to ask him for a picture," she admits and sighs, "So it's up to you if you want to believe me or not. What little trust you have in me."

"So he's like that as a boyfriend," Yume mumbles.

"What?"

"He has tons, I tell you, tons, of fangirls! I mean, look at his face and figure," Yume answered.

"Are you trying to make me insecure? Because you, Mitsuhara Yume, are doing a great job," Amari comments.

"Emi-cchi, no one has the guts to confess to him, so it's a discovery that he doesn't change his attitude with his girlfriend," she elaborated.

"I don't want him to change just because we're together. But maybe a little affection would be nice? You know?" Amari explains.

"You know, might as well kabedon him like you told me," she adds with a nervous smile.

Upon hearing that, an idea suddenly popped up on Jiro's mind like a light bulb. He took a step forward and turned to his side to face Amari. Immediately, he slammed his hand on the wall, blocking her path and surprising her.

"That's how you kabedon," he says with a mischievous smile.

"Oh, my heart just went doki doki!" Amari jokes and laughs at the two.

"Does it make your heart race?" he asks, appearing very sly.

"It did to me!" Yume answers.

Unknown to the three of them, Sakusa witnesses the kabedon Jiro just pulled off on Amari from afar, not hearing any context. He groans, his eyes narrowing with annoyance, before walking away. He knows how extroverted she is and how friendly she can get with others but he couldn't understand what he just saw.

Meanwhile, Yume and Jiro finally give her decent advice and tell her to have a proper talk with him to express her worries with his attitude. Contrary to this, it seems like Amari might not be the only one having difficulties with him, Sakusa also has his issues with hers.

An hour and a half later, in the library, Amari finishes her research on the work she's writing for their January article. It was a little earlier than usual, but that's all because she wanted to see him before he goes home.

"Bye bye," she whispers softly to her friend as she grasps on the strap of her bag. "See you tomorrow," she adds as she lowers her head.

As for Sakusa, his frustration because of Amari becomes well evident with each serve. Three outs in a row is a little too much for someone like him and the captain asks him to loosen up and calm down before continuing. He sighs at this but follows, now going to his bag to drink water.

"Oh, hello, Amari-san," Sakusa hears Komori greet someone at the door. It grabs his attention and he sways his head to his right to see Amari nearby.

"Hello, Komori-san," she greets back. "Is it okay if I watch?" she requests and approaches him.

"That's okay," their captain answers after overhearing the short conversation.

"What are you doing here?" Sakusa asks and walks towards her.

"So cold, Sakusa-san," she sighs and looks at him in the eye. "I just want to watch, is that bad? I'm done with my club," she asks and frowns. He couldn't tell if she was genuinely disappointed or being playful as usual.

"Whatever, do what you want," he answers and shakes his head before going back to the court. Expecting another flirty reply, he glances behind, only to see her remaining silent.

Half an hour later, the captain ends the practice with a short speech about how they should rest their bodies during the winter break and how their training tomorrow will be the last before the said break. He talks about the Nationals and adds more words of encouragement. Afterwards, the boys get changed and Amari eagerly waits for him on one of the benches.

"Seriously, why did you come to my practice?" he asks and puts on his mask while she stands up from her seat.

"I wanted to spend time with you," she answers and walks out from the gym with him.

"We didn't spend time with each other, I was playing," he points out, a little too harsh for her even.

"No need to make it a big deal," she says, forcing a smile on her face.

"Fine."

"Honestly, I just wanted to see you," she admits, "I'm not saying you should change but I'm just hoping we could be a little more open or closer." Amari finally had the courage to express her hurt feelings.

"If you wanted to be lovey dovey like other couples then you asked out the wrong guy," he scolds.

"Stop being so harsh, Sakusa-san," she chuckles and nudges his arm, "I have feelings too, you know?" she jokes half-heartedly. "Feelings," she emphasized and points at her chest.

Out of words, he glances at her, smiling as usual. "Anyway, I'll go home now, the bus is arriving, I think?" she adds and fastens her pace. "See you around, Sakusa-san. Take care."