Chapter 16

Waking up with the light illuminating on her face, Haerin quickly sat up and squinted her eyes at her surroundings, looking for a particular person.

A frown crept up on her lips as she sat on the cold bed, missing the boy's presence.

Sighing, she went on his bathroom and gargled, washing her face as she stared at her reflection in the mirror.

Eyes swollen from the lack of sleep, face bruised and hair messy. She looks like someone who has been electrocuted.

Haerin went downstairs, directly towards the kitchen after smelling something good.

She sniffed the aroma as she headed towards the kitchen.

Opening the door, her breath hitched at the sight of an unfamiliar man cooking at Haechan's mansion.

His shoulders were broad, long legs and veiny arms that stirred unto the pan.

"Uh.. who are you?" Haerin felt tense, her body froze thinking that someone invaded his house.

"Relax. I'm Haechan's friend, Jaemin." The boy smiled and turned off the stove, greeting her with a very delicious breakfast.

"Oh, sorry." Haerin smiled sheepishly before looking down.

"It's okay. Haechan said that i should supervise you since he went out."

Haerin nodded, smiling at him. Staring deeper unto his face, her mind went on a scenario from last night as a gasp went put of her lips.

"Oh! I remember you! You were with the others last night."

Haerin gasped at Jaemin and he smiled before sitting opposite her.

"Yup that's me. By the way, how are you?"

"Just a few bruises but I'm fine."

"That's good, eat up."

...

"Do you know where he went?" Haerin nudged Jaemin on his arm.

They are now sitting at the couch, watching a movie from Netflix yet her mind can't seem to go away with where Haechan went.

She already felt comfortable with Jaemin since he is a very easy going person. His personality is very nice and she loved it.

"Nope, but he said he'll be back at midnight." Jaemin yawned before rubbing his eyes.

Haerin nodded before looking at the clock, it was already 10:36 at the evening and she wondered where could he be gone at this hour.

"Don't worry, he'll come back." Jaemin smiled at her before standing up, stretching his arms.

" I'm going to sleep, you should too."

"It's okay, I'll stay here."

"But it's sleeping time."

"I'll sleep a little later, I promise."

Jaemin nodded in defeat and they both bid good night but Haerin stayed at the living room, watching movies to prevent her from sleeping.

She decided to wait for Haechan to thank him for what he did last night.

She sighed, as she kept on looking at the clock not knowing that she already fell asleep.

...

Tired and exhausted, Haechan opened the door of his mansion not caring about the creak of the door before removing his jacket, throwing it somewhere.

He groaned, planning to go upstairs but stopped when he saw his TV turned on, followed by little snores that were barely heard.

Walking near the couch, he scoffed after seeing the girl lying on it, curled up into a ball as she hugged the pillow, little snores coming out of her mouth.

"Wha- Jaemin just left you here?" Haechan huffed before stretching his arms, poking her shoulders.

"Mmm." Haerin stirred in her sleep and the boy jolted, gulping as he didn't know what to do next.

He looked at his watch and the time read 2:14. He sighed before retreating, not planning to wake her up anymore since it's late.

His energy was already drained from what he did earlier but he still managed to carry her bridal style.

"What the- you're so light" Haechan mumbled as he carried her, shocked by her weight.

Slowly walking upstairs, not wanting to wake her up, he brought her to her room, struggling to open the door, but he did it eventually.

He placed her gently on the bed, his arm still on her back and Haerin stirred making him freeze on his spot.

Haerin grumbled before hugging his arm tightly, obviously not letting him go out of her room.

Haechan sighed, trying to pull his arm but it was no use and his energy was drained to fight back so he gave up.

"What a clingy girl you are."

Haechan scoffed before lying on the opposite side of the bed, his head on top of hers and his other arm on top her waist as they basically hugged each other to sleep.

"Good night, Haerin."

...