Chapter 23

"The 'unknown' gang strikes again."

"The 'unknown' gang once again strikes Neo city as they sold drugs and kidnaped girls who were roaming around the city.

Two girls were reportedly gone at their day 1 of striking and three girls were lost at day 2.

Police from Neo City seemed to have a hard time finding the 'unknown' gang an-"

"You heard the news. They striked the city again."

The man slammed his fists on the wooden desk before eyeing the boys one by one.

His eyebrows twitched, eyes squinted and his members seemed to have a hard time looking at him.

"I called all of you here to make a plan on how we are going to put an end on that 'unknown' gang." The man paused.

"We all know who they are, might as well claim all what we've lost."

"Call the other unit from China. We need backup."

He intertwined his hands together before a smug smile crept on his lips. The boys shivered, their lips turning dry at his aura.

"Haechan, I need you to lead your members together with Taeyong. Understood?" He mumbled, the silence lingering inside the room made it clear for them all and the latter nodded.

"Yes, Mr. Lee Sooman."

...

Haerin plopped herself on the couch, sighing for the umpteenth time as she waited for the Dream members.

They all went out, obviously rushed and panicked which made her anxious. She never saw them that worried before, not even when she was kidnapped.

It was already 9:45 pm but they hadn't come back yet and she was utterly worried.

"What if they got into a fight?" The girl thought to herself and she immediately shook her head, not wanting to imagine things.

Haerin kept on waiting, her butt hurting from sitting all night long.

Yawning, her eyes got teary and she knew that in any second she might fall asleep just like that.

A sudden sound of the door creaking brought her back to her senses, the feeling of drowsiness immediately left her body as her eyes lit up to see Haechan with his usual dark aura.

"You're back!" She squealed, glancing up at the boy who obviously didn't want to talk.

A frown replaced the smile on her lips when she saw the bruises on his face, sweat freely falling on his forehead and his messy hair that covered his tired eyes.

Haerin tiptoed, swiftly brushing his hair back to see his face; pain evident on his eyes.

"What happened to you?"

Haechan groaned before shoving her hand as he limped upstairs toward his room.

Haerin wasted no time and ran to her bedroom, taking the emergency kit to treat Haechan's wounds.

She knocked on his door five times until she had enough as the boy didn't open the door for her.

Haerin barged in his room, eyebrows knitted at the sight of him scrolling through his phone while his bruises and wounds were still bleeding.

"Wha- Haechan go wash yourself first!"

Haechan looked up at her slowly before looking back at his phone, clearly ignoring the girl.

Sudden feeling of range lingered on her as she stomped all the way to his bed, harshly placing the kit down before looking at him straight in the eye.

"Do you want to die here?

"I would love to."

His voice cracked as he said those and Haerin frowned before taking a clean cloth from the kit.

"Don't move."

Haerin demanded, eyes definitely darker than ever before she went inside his bathroom to wash the cloth.

...