Chapter 51

"Lunch is served."

The old lady came back with multiple trays and placed all the plates on their table.

"Wow, that's a lot." Haerin giggled.

"Well, these are all for you, my dear."

The old lady chuckled as Haerin's eyes lit up with excitement as she stared at all the food in front of her.

"Haechan, take good care of her." She whispered. "She's the one."

With that, the old lady left to let the two enjoy their lunch and as she did, Haerin quickly dig in leaving Haechan speechless.

"Hey, no picture?" Haechan grunted.

"No. I'm hungry."

She chewed her food slowly and slumped back on her seat as the flavor sent her into overdrive.

"I love these."

Haerin beamed and ate another spoonful, not noticing that Haechan was sneakily taking pictures of her.

"Why aren't you eating?" Haerin asked.

"Watching you eat makes me full."

"That's cheesy and a bit old but I like it." Haerin laughed.

Haerin placed the meat on top of the rice and brought the spoon closer to Haechan's face.

"Here. Eat."

Haechan did what he was told and munched on the food that Haerin gave him; his eyes sparkling at the thought of his mom.

"It still taste the same." He whispered.

"What?"

"I feel like my mom cooked it for me. The flavor is still the same."

Haerin chuckled and nodded as she ate another spoonful, her eyes almost rolling back as she savored the taste.

...

"So, where are we going now?"

Haerin rubbed her tummy that was bloated from all the food she ate earlier.

"Eat more." Haechan joked.

"Okay, I'm down."

"What!? Aren't you full?"

"I am but, who would say no to food?" Haerin grunted.

"I do. I'm full so we'll eat at night."

Haerin nodded and gazed outside the window, humming the song that was playing in the car.

Haechan drove somewhere and Haerin didn't mind as she admired the scenery outside.

She felt as if she was free and in utopia as the fresh wind hit her face.

"Close the window, you might get a cold."

Haerin did what she was told and stared at the sight in front of her. Haechan parked the car beside the playground and unbuckled his seatbelt.

"Where are we?"

"I don't know. Park?" Haechan said in a duh-tone.

"I'm not that dumb. I meant what place is this?"

Haerin rolled her eyes as the boy chuckled, having fun of teasing her.

"Stop asking for the places and enjoy~"

Haechan got out of the car and Haerin followed soon enough. The cold breeze made her shiver as it hit her shoulders.

Haechan placed his coat on her shoulders and hugged her from the back while sitting her on the bench.

"Is this also a special place?"

"Just. Wanted to reminisce memories." He inhaled.

"You see, this park is where i used to play with my parents. I still didn't know what a mafia was like and I didn't know that my father was part of it."

Haechan frowned while looking up in the sky, crystal tears forming on his eyes.

"This is also the place where mom left us for another man. I-I saw the man hug her here and take her away." His voice cracked.

"He left me and my father alone which made me hate her all these years."

"But, I found out that he left us because that man threatened her to kill me if she wouldn't come with him."

"I felt guilty and stupid for hating her without knowing the reason. I-I miss her."

Haechan let the tears flow on his cheeks and Haerin brought his head on the crook of her neck.

"It's okay. At least she's in a peaceful place now."

"Haerin?"

"Hm?"

"I love you."

"I love you too."

Haechan wiped his tears and placed his hand on her nape, pulling her closer before kissing her lips.

Haerin kissed back and held his free hands before rubbing circles on it to sooth him.

The kiss was passionate yet gentle as the wind blew on their frames while falling leaves fell everywhere except from them.

The view was and beautiful but the shared moment between the two made it more euphoric as nostalgia lingered on them both.

...