Chapter 28

"Don't mess with my boss."

A loud gunshot followed by a scream was heard in the middle of the night as the boy shot the old man straight to his chest.

Dogs barking and birds chirping, the alleyway was dark and cold yet it felt warm for the boy as the blood of the man engulfed his body.

"Track me. Delete the footage." The boy held his in-ear, smirking at the camera before leaving the dead body.

The boy drove to his boss' office before giving him the picture of the bloodied man he just shot.

"Boss, I killed the man. Who's next?" He asked as his breath got heavier, itching to kill someone again.

With that question, his boss smirked before turning around, his fingers caressed the paper on his table before eyeing the picture.

"Him." The man growled as he stabbed the picture with his pen. "Lee Haechan."

...

"Boys and my sweetheart Haerin, breakfast is ready." Jaemin cooed before banging the pan and ladle together creating a loud noise.

Weird and ear-raping noises came out of his mouth as his hands endlessly banged the two objects.

"Injun~"

Renjun groaned before throwing him a pillow which Jaemin easily dodged before continuing his weird 'I'll-wake-you-up-because-I'm-the-mom-in-this-group' thingy.

"Renjun help me wake Jisung and Chenle."

Jaemin left Renjun at the room before going to another room which located Jeno.

"Jeno~" Jaemin cooed once again, gently shaking the boy's shoulder.

"Wake up." He whispered as gentle as he could be and the boy didn't budge, his little snores were still heard.

Jaemin sighed before stretching his hands, his mouth opening widely before the loudest scream came out of his mouth together with the ladle and pan hitting each other.

Jeno yeeted, glaring at Jaemin to which the boy smiled innocently before leaving him in the room.

"Haechan! Wake up!"

Jaemin dragged himself to his leader's room before shaking his shoulders aggressively.

Haechan woke up faster than what he expected so he decided to leave him there, still with his sleepy state.

A sudden scream from downstairs made Jaemin stop in his tracks, turning dangerously slow before giving Haechan a fake smile.

"Haechan, please wake my sweet Haerin for me? I'll check on the boys."

Jaemin rolled his eyes before stomping all the way to his bedroom door eyeing Haechan with his emotionless eyes.

He groaned before fixing his clothes and went outside heading towards Haerin's room.

As he stepped inside the girl's room, his father's words suddenly came to his mind.

"Train her. I don't want a weak girl in your household."

"But si-"

"Train her or kick her out." Mr Lee stood up and left Haechan frozen on his spot.

He shook his head before walking closer to her bed, her peaceful sleeping figure made him annoyed and he didn't know why.

"Haerin wake up."

Haechan scoffed as she turned around, her back laid flat on the bed before continuing her sleep.

He inched closer not noticing that he stepped on a bottle of lotion that was lying on the floor.

Haechan gasped as he fell forward and in a blink of an eye, he was now on top of her.

Breath hitching at the closeness, Haechan's hands were on her side preventing him to crush her small frame.

Haerin was still sound asleep, not knowing a thing.

"My sweet Haer- oh" Jaemin stood at the doorstep, his hands were wide open in attempt to hug the girl.

The boys behind him stopped too before staring at the two on the bed as they all had their jaws dropped.

"It's not what you think." Haechan tried to stand up but his hands didn't cooperate as it suddenly lost balance.

Haechan widened his eyes as his body was now pressing her small frame.

Plump lips brushed her forehead and the girl gasped for air at the sudden heavy weight that fell on her.

Staring at the boy above her with his lips attached to her forehead, Haerin's eyes widened before a slap was heard and seen at the room.

...