Chapter 43

"I-i made a promise with someone." "I-i made a promise with someone." Haerin held Haechan's cheek as tears filled her eyes.

"And that is to stay with you no matter what happens."

With those words, Haechan felt the world stop. He felt as if he was in euphoria as he saw her smile through her tears.

Gunshots and groans were covered by the sound of his heartbeat that was once again increased by its rate.

All the pain was suddenly gone; he felt nothing but the sweetness and nostalgic feeling of the girl beside him and miraculously, he stood up.

As he did, he noticed some of his members struggling to fight some of the men so he tried to shoot one but his legs gave up.

Haerin noticed his movements and snaked her arms unto his waist; putting his arm on her shoulder as she guided him to walk while he shot multiple men.

Haerin closed her eyes, not wanting to see how the blood oozed out of their heads and chest.

Haechan covered her left ear and pressed her head on his chest to prevent her from hearing the gunshots.

The rest of the members met up with Dream and they all surrounded Haechan when they noticed what happened.

"Lee Soo Man! Where are you!?" An old man shouted before firing bullets on their direction making them all duck.

"Are you okay?" Haechan worriedly asked Haerin.

"Yeah."

The members quickly stood up and shot the remaining men on the building, leaving Haerin struggling to help Haechan.

"Lee Donghyuck!"

Another man behind them laughed and not long after, the man fired on their direction making all of them gasp.

"No!"

Haerin pushed the boy away; whimpers escaped her lips as blood oozed out of her lower chest caused by the bullet.

"H-Haerin!"

The man frowned as he missed his target, but it was soon covered up by a smirk as he noticed the girl lying on the floor.

"You fucki- Onew!?" Haechan coughed.

The members eyed the man and their eyes widened at the sight of their boss's secretary.

"That's right. It's me you asshole. Took you long enough to find out."

"How could you do this!? After all my father have done to you!?"

"Done to me!? Pft. Donghyuck, your father is old and weak." He smirked. "Mind as well kill him too."

He laughed hysterically before aiming the gun unto Haechan again, until a gunshot was heard and a body went straight on the floor.

"My father trusted you. So much."

Haechan held the gun and stared at Onew's lifeless and cold body on the ground as blood pooled over his body.

He quickly went back to the girl and placed her head on his lap. He felt his world crash in an instant as he touched her cold cheeks.

Haerin forced out a smile and held Haechan's hand who was now crying as he pressed his hand on her lower chest to stop the bleeding.

"H-Haerin. Don't d-do this to me. Please"

Tears fell endlessly on his cheeks as he noticed her skin turn pale and blood filled her clothes.

"Y-you...You finally s-said my name." Haerin forced a smile.

Police and Ambulance sirens were heard and with one last breath of air, her eyes closed shut.

...