seven

harper

tuesday morning, i make sure to greet ethan with a bright smile, since he still seems a little cautious around me now.

i truly didn't mean to snap on him like that, but it was a rough morning. my uber driver was hitting on me, mr. bentley told me he's cutting a week of my vacation, and the day that laid ahead of me was filled.

so— i still feel bad.

"good morning," he walks into the office, a little late. it usually would make me slightly annoyed, but the mouthwatering iced coffees in his hands make it totally okay.

"one for me?" i ask, already knowing the answer.

"caramel, right?"

i furrow my eyebrows. "what's the other one?"

he looks to the one in his right hand. "uh, that's mocha, i think. which one do you want?"

i debate on it for awhile, and he eventually just lets me try a sip of both. i end up taking two sips of both, and hope he doesn't mind that much.

"you were right," i sigh. "caramel."

"knew it," he singsongs as he grabs the mocha one and disappears into his small office.

i laugh a little and look at the checklist ethan emailed to me last night. my day looks pretty easy, only one meeting, and it's in the building.

boring days are sometimes fun, but then other times they are, well... boring.

usually i end up crumpling up sticky notes and trying to make them into my trash can, all with ethan's commentary about how bad my aim is.

"ethan!" i call out in a sluggish voice.

i hear his door open with a sigh. "you rang?"

a laugh escapes my lips as i say, "call up samantha and see if she's busy."

"got it."

i start to work on a couple of things that i don't technically need to be done until next week, but today seems like an un-fun boring day.

a small knock at my office door makes me gasp excitedly. "come in!" i yell.

a strand of blonde hair peeks through the door, and samantha greets me with a grin. "someone called and said you were dying to see me?"

"save me from a day of minimal work?" i ask.

she checks the watch on her wrist. "i have until noon. what're you thinking?"

"me, you, and the hot guy on floor three?"

she gets a devious smile. "so... annoy the hell out of remi until he threatens to report us to bentley again? i'm down."

i clap and point at her, leaning back in my desk chair. "exactly! i'm feeling 19 again."

"not so fast," ethan says through the cracked open door. "before you possibly get yourselves on the sex offenders list, harper has a call to attend."

"push it back," i order. "today is a day filled with..."

"possibilities," samantha finishes and i hop up from my seat.

"exactly. let's go. ethan, you can leave for lunch whenever!"

i see him do a little air fist pump and giggle as samantha and i act like little teenagers, just trying to cause mischief in the building.