epilogue pt. 1

there will be multiple (ten, i think?) epilogues with short chapters about ethan and harper's life after!

enjoy. love you so very much. drink water!
don't do anything to yourself that you wouldn't want your best friend to do to themself. (<< just some reminders some people might need to hear)

ethan

*three months later*

"grayson, be careful! that has my record player in it!" i rush over to my brother who is heaving a large, heavy box through the door.

he looks at me with narrowed eyes and says, "then you carry it."

"hey, you're the one that offered to help."

harper comes up behind us with questioning eyes, holding a small box of books. "what's wrong?"

yeah— we're moving in together.

obviously we chose her place, since it's bigger and nicer. ruby also really likes it.

speaking of ruby, janae had to move, and her new building doesn't allow pets. she gave the puppy to an understanding harper one rainy night with tear-stained cheeks.

so now she's hers... ours? don't really know.

i just know that i'm the one to take her on walks in the middle of the night. harper can totally hear her whining, but pretends to be asleep until i eventually get up and do it.

god, i love that woman.

"ethan's being annoying," grayson accuses.

"am not!" i yell.

she looks between us with teasing eyes at our very juvenile behavior, and simply walks away with a shrug.

"fine," i huff out, taking the box from grayson's hands. "i'll take this, and you go get out my clothes boxes."

"finally, an agreement."

he walks back to the small moving truck and picks through the back.

harper returns with a bright smile, empty handed.

"figure it out?" she asks.

"yes," i nod. "i notice that you tend to stay out of grayson and i's arguments."

"it's better that way. i have to be unbiased."

grayson loves harper. not in the way i do obviously, but he adores her. when they formally met and hung out for the first time, all they did was talk about business, their favorite tv shows, and their weird obsession with the outdoors.

"put a ring on it," he whispered to me one night before he left, and she was out of ear-shot.

i simply grinned.

the weather has been insanely nice lately, which has caused harper and i to take a lot of lunch dates, walking around the city and eating vegan street burritos. it's my absolute favorite part of the day to see her happily skipping down the streets of chicago, a bright smile and my sunglasses on her face. even though she can't see through them, she thinks it's cute to steal them from me.