The Kiss ( Season 1 of Mystreet; Episode 20)

Playing Characters Who Die Is Always Fun! ( XI )

     " 10 minutes until Curtain Call." Katelyn's voice came over the loudspeakers backstage.

     " Alright guys," Alex said to Garroth, Laurence, Dante, and Travis." That's 10 minutes to make sure everything's perfect, I really don't want to screw up now, everyone remembers their lines, right?"

     The four nodded.

     " Alright good, I really want this to go well for my sister, thankfully none of us have a main role so if we screw up it won't be as bad, which is a slight perc for not being Romeo. Break a Leg out there."

     " Break a leg?" Garroth asked confused." But I don't want to 'break a leg,' that'd be painful."

     The other four sighed before Laurence said," It's just a stage term, what she really means is good-"

     " No!" Alex said in a hushed voice." Saying those words is bad luck, kind of like how the Scottish Play is a cursed word as well."

     " By Scottish Play do you mean Macb-"

     " No!" Travis, Dante, and Alex all yelled collectively.

     " FIVE MINUTES! EVERYONE TO THE STAGE!"

     " Alright, we just have a few more minutes before the play starts. Break a Leg guys," Alex said before turning around after the others walked away and whipping a bead of sweat from her face.

     " That was some pep talk," Katelyn said from off to the side." Did you do this every single play you were ever in?"

     Alex turned to her sister with a sheepish smile." It wasn't that good, was it?"

     " Nope."

     The younger girl sighed." Had a feeling. I try my best to be encouraging but it isn't really my strong suit, but I'm sure the play will do great Kate."

     " I hope so, I just checked in with Cadenza to make sure the costumes were all in place, some people have been taking props that aren't theirs and I've had to be going on expeditions to find them again, and then there's the kiss scene that's causing so much chaos-"

     " It'll be fine Kate, forget about the future and forget about your troubles, just focus on what's currently going on, no Multitasking, concentrate on enjoying the play you've created."

     " Thanks, Lex, I'll try. NOW GET TO YOUR POSITION!"

     " Right away Kate! Right away!"

_________________________________________________________

     " We are now at intermission."

     " You guys are doing a fantastic job!" Katelyn said happily as she ran backstage." Just the last scene left."

     " Thanks! How was my death scene? Too over the top? Under Acted? Was it okay? Did I look to alive?" Alex asked worriedly.

     " No Alex, you did fine," Laurence told his friend who was frantically pacing back and forth." And your death was way better than Zane's was."

     She laughed." I guess you're right. At least since I'm dead I won't have anything to worry about for the rest of the play! I just get to relax until it's all over."

_________________________________________________________

     " ALEX!" Garroth yelled as he and Laurence ran backstage, startling the poor girl.

     She took out her earbuds and turned to them." Huh!? uh- What's up, guys?"

     " So you know how Garroth was supposed to take the place of Romeo since Aaron was ' unavailable'?" Laurence asked.

     " Yeah, and?"

     " Well, Lucinda may or may not have given me a potion that would allow me to switch places with whoever I threw it just as Kawaii~Chan hit me, causing my aim to be off and it splashed on Aphmau instead and, well, I think you can put the rest together on your own."

     " Wait, you mean... You guys kissed!?"

     They looked down, ashamed.

     " Oh my gods this is so hilarious I can't believe I wasn't there to see it! I have to talk to Kawaii~Chan or Katelyn about it!"

     " Alex!"

     " Alright alright, I'll go get you guys a snack, are fruit snacks okay?"

     " Yes please."

     She walked out of the room, laughing to herself at how odd her friends could be at times.

A/N: Again, I hope at least one person tolerated this chapter, I doubt anyone ever reads these but it's worth a shot. Please comment about anything you feel like, or don't if you really don't want to. Also, I could not help but add in a song from Romeo et Juliet, see you guys tomorrow when I write the next chapter! Plus I might be adding a bonus chapter in between ( if so I'll still be adding an actual story chapter tomorrow) where Alex is singing Les Rois Du Monde backstage before the play or during intermission and one of her friends walks in, so if anyone likes that idea I'd like to know.