Aaron's Proposal Plan ( Season 3 of Mystreet; Episode kind of 34)

Holidays Are A Chaotic Time ( L )

     " Laurence, calm down, she'll get here when she gets here."

     " I am calm!"

     Garroth and Alex exchanged a glance before the girl spoke." Maybe you should try calming down a bit, I understand you don't want to sound stressed but the way your acting is, as Garroth would say, 'Zaning it'."

     " Zaning?"

     " It's a word I made for anyone who does something Zane would do," Garroth explained." Right now you're acting like Zane when something is obviously wrong but he's trying with no effort to hide it."

     " Oh my Irene, am I that bad right now?"

     " Yup."

     " Err... yeah."

     " Sorry, I... honestly I didn't think I was acting nervous at all."

     " Well, you are."

     " ... I also wasn't expecting Kim to say yes to coming to this party."

     " Well... she did, but you can always take that as a good thing. How long is it since the two of you have been talking?"

     " Two months..."

     " And you haven't met!? Or Talked on the phone!? Or sent pics to each other!?"

     " No! I wanted to make sure she was a good person before I let her get to know me that closely."

     " Well, now you're going to have the chance to get to know her even more! She really is a great person Laurence, I'm glad you've been talking to her Kim... well..."

" She's like you?" Garroth offered.

" She's like me, she was really quiet in High School and all-"

" She's almost here! I can't do this."

" Yes, you can Laurence."

" You have our support."

" What about Zarah!?"

" What about her?"

     " I just realized how stupid I was to invite her, I haven't even talked to her that much and I just threw all my standards out the window because of a-" he went on to say a jumble of words, none of which could be figured out.

     " Don't worry about Zarah, honestly she hasn't texted you since this party started, so maybe she completely forgot. Just focus on Kim."

     He took a few deep breaths." You're right... you're right... You're absolutely right. I'm going to be calm... and suave."

     " That's right Laurence, you lay that charm on."

     " She's outside! Ah!" He leaped behind the sofa.

     " Erm... Laurence? Are you-?" Alex asked, leaning over the edge of the sofa to look at him before getting interrupted.

     " It was stupid of me to think I deserve to meet someone new."

     " So that's it? You're just going to let Kim stand outside in the cold, waiting for you?"

     " Uh-huh."

     " You might think you're not ready to meet someone, and that's okay. I think you deserve to meet new people, well that's just me, but you can't Kim get her hopes up and just leave her outside."

     " ...Y-you're right."

     Garroth sighed happily." I'll never get tired of hearing that... Now, just go outside and meet Kim, and have a foot time with her. Don't worry, your bro has your back."

     " Same here, you can do this Laurence."

     " Heh, thanks Garroth, Alex. Alright, I can do this." He went to go get the door, followed by Garroth, while Alex stayed back, understanding she'd hopefully have time to talk to her friend later.

_________________________________________________________

     " Even when the dark comes crashing through, when you need a friend to carry you, and when you're broken on the ground, you will be found."

     " Alex!"

     The girl in question looked up from her book to see her boyfriend." Hi Sweetheart, how's the party going?"

     " Good, what're you and Cossette doing sitting on the stairs?" Garroth sat down next to her.

     " Parties have never been my sort of thing, but if you're enjoying it then I'm happy to be here."

     " Aww!" He grinned adorably." Well, regardless, I want you to have a good time too, so I grabbed you some Eggnog from the kitchen, it's homemade if I remember correctly- although obviously not by me- Plus I grabbed a blanket in case you were cold, and I put in a music request for any song from The Muppet Christmas Carol."

     Alex beamed, taking the mug from her boyfriend and quickly raising it out of her dog's reach." Thank you, it's moments like this that I remember why I attend these parties in the first place, I get to be with my loved ones, and they're all so understanding about what constitutes a 'good time' in my mind, so thank you."

     " Aww, no problem! Do you mind if I take a picture of you right now? I was thinking about putting together a scrapbook for the year- with some help of course, and I wanted to keep this memory for the future. Plus I just think you look really cute right now."

     The freckled girl's cheeks turned pink but she nodded and smiled at Garroth's phone.

     " This looks amazing, I might just use it as my phone background-" he was interrupted by the doorbell ringing. Seeing as no one else was going to get the door Garroth stood up, kissing his girlfriend on the cheek before walking towards the door." I'll answer it."

     Alex smiled lightly, petting her new dog as she turned back to her book. A little while later in the party she checked her phone at random, having read at least five chapters that hour, and went onto her Instagram to see a picture Garroth had taken earlier that day, posted on his Social Media. She smiled lightly at the picture, extremely happy, before noticing a comment from Zianna.

     This isn't good...

A/N: I am so, so, sorry for the lack of chapters recently, I've had a lot going on recently and also last Saturday I felt as though the world was just conspiring against me so that was a fun time. if anyone's wondering what breed this new dog is she's an American Cocker Spaniel. As always I hope someone at least somewhat enjoyed this chapter, please comment if you feel like it, any to all comments make my day, and have a good day! At any rate, I hope at least one person somewhat enjoyed this chapter, if anyone comments it'd make my day, and I hope everyone reading this has a great day!