2:1 Pointe Out There

“I don’t understand why you wanted me to come,” Bones complained as he and Kirk walked to the building. “Why do we need to make a stop to see your sister if we're just going to see her on the ship?”

“Oh quit whining. Your my best friend and you’ve never met her. I take every opportunity I can to see her work,” the blond explained while they walked through the automatic doors.

“Oh yeah, and what does she do exactly? Run an underground market in…” Bones began to ask with an attitude until he saw a girl dancing on the stage.

She was perfect. Her long and muscular legs were extended and her feet moved gracefully on pointe shoes. The energy she held in her arms excited him and her dress and fan hypnotized him. But her face was what caught his attention, one that held attitude, determination, and elegance. It was easily seen from her dirty blonde hair that was styled in a tight and perfect bun. “Woah…” he exhaled, staring at the dancer at the foot of the stage. Kirk chuckled and patted his shoulder as they let her finish. When she landed her final pose, the stage hands, the other dancers, and the instructor applauded. Kirk clapped with a smile but Bones could only stare, still hung up on her bright smile.

“You good buddy?” His friend asked, snapping his fingers in his face. The doctor blinked out of his trance and swatted away Jim's hand.

“Yeah yeah. Where's your sister, anyway,” he went back to his snarky attitude. It wasn't until Jim pointed back to the stage that he realized the ballerina he just saw was Jim Kirk’s older sister. Bones internally smacked himself for not realizing that they looked alike.

“Hey Jimmy,” she said, walking over to the boys in her pointe shoes.

“Sup Ghost,” her brother said as they did a little hand shake. “Bones, this is my sister, Giselle. Giselle, this is my good friend, the doctor Leonard McCoy.” Her winter green eyes met his.

“P-pleasure to meet you,” he said, trying to keep his cool. Giselle giggled a little bit.

“Nice to meet you too, Leonard.” She shook his hand. Her hand was surprisingly a little rough but he only felt gentleness in her fingers. “I take it you've never seen pointe ballet before?” She asked, her voice was smaller than her brother’s but more humble. The man shook his head.

“Never. It was beautiful though, I'm very impressed and amazed! You were perfect,” he complimented with a smile Jim had never seen before. But the male also noticed his sister shut down a little from that compliment.

“Oh, uh thanks. I guess I’ll see you later. See you on the Enterprise, Jimmy,” she said curtly before running off backstage. Bones was confused and a little hurt by her sudden departure, so he turned to his friend for an explanation.

“She's not really one for compliments. For as long as I could remember, Giselle has been a perfectionist with herself and feels like she didn't earn any praises,” he said as they walked out of the theater. “I know and she knows that you didn't mean any offence, she just can't help it.” He shrugged as they both got in the vehicle.

“I sometimes wonder how you are her younger brother, Jim.”