5:4 Star Skater

"You know Chekov, I didn't really expect you to live in Detroit of all places. I would have thought somewhere more..." Kirk searched for the word, "subtle." The group has decided to stay close to the Chekovs in Detroit, Michigan during their shore leave. What used to be a dated and ragged city in the 21st century, became one of the most technologically advanced cities in America while still maintaining some of its original charm. Lights and skyscrapers were littered everywhere yet it wasn't too crowded with people.

"Well Vanilla moved here for her training after her senior debut and I wanted to be in the country before I joined Star Fleet; so we came here!" The Russian explained.

"I've always liked Detroit. It looks busy and fast but you can always find nice and calm moments," Uhura commented, breathing in the fresh air.

"And the technological discoveries and ideas that the city has to offer are revolutionary. I have been wanting to visit for a while," Spock said, trying not to marvel at the advancements.

"Wow! Is that excitement I hear?" Kirk said jokingly. Uhura gently hit his arm. Spock tiled his head to reply but was interrupted by Bones.

"Please. I think Scotty is going to cry," he said, dragging the Scotsman forward who was falling behind.

"How can I not?! The architectural design of some of these buildings are marvelous and don't even get me started on the science of the electro magnetic suspension of the trams," he rambled. "So laddie, where are we having lunch? Is it in one of these towers?" He asked Chekov.

"Nope," was all the young man said as they came to a small cafe amongst the skyscrapers. Scotty, and maybe Spock too, was a little disappointed but everyone came to life when they entered. Smells of sweet fruits and warm syrups filled their senses and they could practically taste every dessert they saw.

"Woah... This place looks amazing!" Uhura gushed, holding on to her boyfriend's arm as if she were trying to restrain herself.

"Welcome to The Sweetest Place On Earth. Literally. They serve award winning desserts as well as a few non-dessert items during the lunch rush," Chekov said, leading his friends to a large booth. The white table lit up like a screen and displayed the menu. "Pick whatever you guys want to try and we'll all share it." Uhura and Scotty eagerly looked through the items while Spock and Bones commented on how this would affect their health. Kirk was wondering however.

"Hey, where's your sister? Wasn't she going to join us?" He asked to Pavel, keeping his voice low so the others wouldn't hear.

"She should be here soon," he replied quickly. Although he did want Villanelle and the captain together, he was still protective of his sister even though she was older than him. Kirk took the hint and turned to the menu on the table.
__________________________________________________________

"Sorry I'm late," Villanelle announced to her group, walking into the place. The ones with their back to her turned to face her, and when Kirk did his face lit up.

"Villanelle! Where were you?" Her brother asked the framed woman who took the available spot next to James.

"Coach wanted me to work on my quads and spin combinations. And then when I finally left there were reporters wanting to talk about the next season..." She explained tiredly. "Did you already order?"

"Yeah, don't worry though. I got you your favorite," Pavel smiled at her.

"Спасибо*," she said while craning and cracking her neck and other joints. Bones winced and cringed at each little pop.

"Villanelle, you sure know how to make a doctor panic," he grumbled, causing the while table to laugh. Except Spock, although he did show a flicker of a smile.