2:3 Pointe Out There

Bones didn't know why he was so nervous. When Jim confronted him about it he repeatedly told him that it wasn't his intention to ask his sister out for a date. Kirk was in between teasing him and threatening him which made Bones realize; although Jim was younger, he still wants to protect Giselle.
When the female Kirk arrived in the cafeteria, the doctor felt some ease sink in, confusing him a little bit more.

"Hello Doctor," Giselle said in a teasing tone. Her dirty blond hair wasn't held up an fell down past her shoulders. It framed her face beautifully in his eyes.

"Ready for your physical?" He replied however, keeping the tone and joke. The both chuckled as she sat down across from him. "I didn't mean to-"

"Did you mean for-"

They spoke at the same time. Giselle blushed slightly and Bones tried to avert his gaze. "I didn't mean for this to be a date," he stared this time.

"Oh okay. I kind of thought so but I just didn't want there to be a misunderstanding," she said with some nervous laughter. After a few minutes of awkward silence after placing orders for drinks, she spoke up. "I didn't really want to join Star Fleet..."

"What? How come? I get it's not for everybody but if you didn't want to, why join?" Bones asked, surprised. She took a breath before her green eyes met his brown ones.

"I was there when Dad died and he was born, and I was old enough to understand why my mother was crying and why my father wasn't in the shuttle with us as we rescued the Kelvin. I made a vow to be there for James and help him stand when he falls. I was already dancing but when we arrived on Earth, I started ballet and fell in love with it. Jim was there for every other rehearsal and loved to tease the other girls and make them giggle. When we grew up though, he got into trouble a few times and those few times, I either had to get him out of a cell or patch him up at home," she paused momentarily as their drinks came.

"But why join Star Fleet if you could just make a career of ballet dancing?" Bones asked, intrigued with the story and his coffee. Giselle waited until she finished stopping her tea.

"Hold on I'm getting there. Geez, you think for a Doctor you'd have some patients," she fake pouted, hiding a growing smile. He made an unimpressed face. "Oh come on. Patients? And you're a Doctor, get it? That was good right? Or have you heard it before?" She crossed her arms with her smile escaping her.

"It's not that I've heard it or not before, it's just that it wasn't that clever," he said, trying to hide a microscopic smile. Giselle nodded, unconvinced, but continued.

"Well James joined Star Fleet but I stayed on home and danced. It wasn't until the incident with Khan that made me realize I almost forgot my promise to him; even though he made it out alright in the end. I wanted to be there for him but I could only do so at a distance. He had grown too much and I didn't want to drag him down; so I joined the academy, graduated a bit early as they were finishing repairs on the ship, and came aboard the Enterprise. The end," she concluded, sippng her tea. Bones was impressed. After some coaxing, he eventually spilled his story, and although there wasn't much to tell, Giselle hung onto every word and showed real expressions compared to her stage smile.

"Although, I have another question. Your name, Giselle; what does it mean?" The doctor asked.

"Well that's easy. It's really the reason why I love ballet so much. It's because I'm named after one," she said with a wide and enthusiastic grin. "There's a ballet called Giselle. One of my favorite variations comes from it."

"Well you'll have to show me some time. I quite enjoyed the last performance I saw," he complimented. Giselle blushed and smiled to herself, enjoying his company.
__________________________________________________________

Kirk and Uhura watched the two from a distance, smiling to themselves.

"He said it wasn't a date?" Uhura asked, not believing with what she saw.

"Yup. Multiple times," the captain answered.

"And she asked if it was a date?" Uhura asked. Kirk chuckled and answered again.

"Yes. Multiple times. I would never have expected those two to pair up, you know. He has experience and she has none," he indicated to his sister who was laughing at something Bones said.

"Really?"

"Really. Every time I bring it up she assets tells me that she has no time for it and her 'heart belongs to the ballet'," he mimicked her dramatically.